A change of heart, Scubapro D420

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can look for another cheap one if you like. It didn't look like that when I got it though, spent a while tidying up the face plate.

I'm interested ... how do you polish up those G250 faceplates ?

How many dives does the sheen last, before you have to reapply the mink oil?

I've a few G250s (4) I'm preparing for sale, I'll post pictures pre sale later.

3x blue "S" blue diaphragms and one red "S" red diaphragm.

All will be updated (New stock OEM S-wing poppets, .218 springs, metal orifice and long crown X type balance chamber) or can sell as a kit prepped and ready for assembly (all face plates have been tidied up) if you'd like to have a go yourself, I can provide manual. I'll include a spare service kit too.

I'll open a new thread in the classifieds.

Price is a bit more as parts are now stupid expensive. Not looking to make money, just recoup cost.

The stones you'll be throwing at your D420 (D is for damned expensive) cost more than that. $30 is a heck of a good deal-well done.

BTW: You D420 aficionados might be interested in this: D420 repair manual-modified

One of my local dive shops had it sitting in a box of junk so I asked how much would he sell it for. I paid ¥3000 so about ¥28 I guess.

D 4th dive, second tune, zero issues. I officially like it FWIW.

Dove Conshelfs straight after and although can't tell much of a difference cracking, certainly the D delivers noticeably more air.

Put it in mock octo position, (Cracking 1.1-1.2") zero issues. As per, Rob is right on the money.

I'll be keeping it for sure. More money coming your way next week Lex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom