A Really Smelly Neoprene Suit ~ help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't heard of Dettol in ages! I can still remember the smell of the stuff! I've got some extra Neoprene material; with all the advice I've been given, I should do some experimenting. Not sure if I can burn Neoprene though! :)

As I've often said, I love the smell of Dettol in the morning.

Odoban is the bees knees! It's concentrated, so it lasts. It's a great all around sanitizer, and it works great on heavy smells. Better yet, it's available at places like Home Depot...but it might be harder to find in Korea.

If it has a rotting smell, I would think you could try a diluted bleach for a short rinse, say 5 minutes, then rinse several times in water.

A little kerosene, a match, and no more stink.

After you use the odor eliminator soak it in water with some mouthwash added. Don’t rinse. Leaves it minty fresh.

I pour it into my dive boots after cleaning. Or use eucalyptus drops.

As someone pointed out. Use white vinegar. I like woolite for my wetsuits. Put them on delicates or hand wash in a washer without an agitator. Good luck with the smelly suit

I have the unique ability to create a haz-mat situation after a full day of diving in my wetsuit. The instructor I work with says my suit peeled the bedilienr off his truck bed. I second the Odoban recommendation. The stuff just plain works. It even seems to have Some carryover effect as well. Good luck,
Jay

Baking soda

That is my go to. Mix about a furl box in a bucket and soak the suit for a couple hours at least. Even sprinkle some where the smell is stronger before putting in the soak.

Prince and repeat as necessary.

I had some success with a smelly suit that nothing else was working on by soaking it in a bath of warm water and fabric softener.

I use Simple Green. Had a problem with my dive boots smelling, mixed Simple Green in water and soaked them for 20 minutes then hung to dry. No more stink. Now I use the mix on all my gear when cleaning it.

Back
Top Bottom