Post Apocalyptic Coz Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just over 7 days out, still hemming and hawing on the dive operator. Got some Awesome recommendations from you guys (Aldora, Liquid Blue, ScubaTony, ScubaDu) all are a touch far away and will eat up a lot of time to make it happen. Juggling pursuing "My Dive Trip" and "Trip with My non Diving Lady that includes Diving". I was informed that Dressel is opening their COZ shop independent of the shuttered Iberostar hotel on July 1st. Have dove with them in 2 countries out of 4 different locations so may see what I can work for pick ups with them as they're very close to Secrets. Dive House still, unfortunately, sounds like last resort for convenience sake.
Another operator option for you is Dive Palancar. They are also located at Secrets resort. They are on the beach just a few steps North of Secrets pier (see Luis). I’ve been diving with them for last 7 years & they always take great care of me. I usually buy a 10 tank package for $375. Their boats pick up at Secrets pier. Enjoy your trip.

May girlfriend and I have 3 weeks booked in Puerto Vallarta during October, then two weeks back in California, and then we have two weeks booked at the Coral Princess (November 7-21) and diving with Pepe. I'm hoping to add at least two more weeks, possibly at Casa del Mar/Marine World or perhaps our favorite AirBnB in Centro. The last time I looked SWA didn't have any flights listed going to CZM and I'm not very pleased with the thought of riding the ADO bus and the ferry. Who else flies into CZM?

October sure is a long ways away. It's been so long since I've been in Mexico that I can't even remember the Spanish word for "taco."

I'm not very pleased with the thought of riding the ADO bus and the ferry.
So book a private van for two. It's not very expensive, and when you get off the ferry in Cozumel, you can get a private taxi. If riding a boat across the channel is a problem, then maybe scuba isn't for you? Flying into and out of Cozumel is preferred tho.

Who else flies into CZM?
That depends on where you're coming from as you don't have that on your profile, how many stops & connections you'd accept, and when. Hypothetically, if you were in the LA area, wanted to go in August, and only make one stop each way, then American will book for $282 round trip on some dates with less than seven hours of travel time each way.

We'll be at Cozumel Palace September 19-26, diving with the house dive op (Aquasafari). COVID, please go and stay away!

I feel your pain...I'm at 164 and counting. Headed for the Bahamas on the Juliet in approx. 3 weeks pending a neg swab test 10 days before traveling. Been a pain in the a$$ getting an appointment for an asymptomatic test in my neck of the woods (testing only for those with symptoms, healthcare workers, or law enforcement). Found a county health dept. several counties away that would schedule the test. Geez...it's a brave new world, but I still want to go diving. I think there are a couple other threads going about what divers will do to dive these days...:)

Love the Juliet - give Nate a handshake/hug for me! (Hoping for a neg swab for you!)

Another operator option for you is Dive Palancar. They are also located at Secrets resort. They are on the beach just a few steps North of Secrets pier (see Luis). I’ve been diving with them for last 7 years & they always take great care of me. I usually buy a 10 tank package for $375. Their boats pick up at Secrets pier. Enjoy your trip.
Thank you! That would have been great as they have great reviews. Unfortunately it appears that they are still shut down over COVID. I will keep checking though, thanks again!

Thank you! That would have been great as they have great reviews. Unfortunately it appears that they are still shut down over COVID. I will keep checking though, thanks again!
They are supposed to reopen July 1 then Luis should be at Secrets until 4pm daily. If you contact them by email they will send you all their rates & info.

So book a private van for two. It's not very expensive, and when you get off the ferry in Cozumel, you can get a private taxi. If riding a boat across the channel is a problem, then maybe scuba isn't for you? Flying into and out of Cozumel is preferred tho.

That depends on where you're coming from as you don't have that on your profile, how many stops & connections you'd accept, and when. Hypothetically, if you were in the LA area, wanted to go in August, and only make one stop each way, then American will book for $282 round trip on some dates with less than seven hours of travel time each way.

My only worry about riding the ferry is being exposed to the virus. I only take the Waterjet so I'm not worried about bombs :wink:

Thanks for the tip on American! Yes, we usually fly out of LAX. We were booked for a direct flight from LAX on SWA in April when everything went to hell.

My only worry about riding the ferry is being exposed to the virus. I only take the Waterjet so I'm not worried about bombs
The one with the bombing problem is long gone. Take either one and an outside seat. I think that they both have outside seating. If not, wait for the one that does.

Thanks for the tip on American! Yes, we usually fly out of LAX. We were booked for a direct flight from LAX on SWA in April when everything went to hell.
Ok, well American doesn't offer the $228 fair from that airport. I think it was Ontario. If you prefer LAX, Interjet offers that fair, but I wouldn't suggest them. I'd go with American for $287. Book these dates and come to my birthday dinner. (Ignore the first flight as it doesn't allow two hours to clear I&C in DFW.)

upload_2020-6-29_14-15-25.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom