Are all crotch straps the same

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just use a piece of Rope.

Our warm water rigs use Zeagle Split Saddle crotch straps I've tinkered with to be able to mount them to webbing. They are nice as they have QR buckles, and adjust on the fly. I doubt they would be good for scootering, bot for our use they are perfect.

I was a very early adopter of the Xdeeo Stealth classic and when I bought it the scooter ring on the front was not the standard sewn in d-ring. It was just held in place ny a triglide. Everytime I'd scooter the dring would slide forward. I finally had to add another triglide to stop it but when I would put my scooter on full blast it would still slide. I ended up replacing it with a sewn in dring crotch strap. So they aren't all created equal. Always get a sewn in dring.

Due to poor life choices my waist is highly compressible the deeper I go. With my belt completely tightened I still have a few inches of free play 20 meters down. This caused my standard crotch strap to not do its job and allowed my wing to slide around and makes things a bit difficult with my Double Hose Regulator.

I pieced together my own adjustable straps. I ran two 1" straps from the back-plate to two squeeze release buckles on the shoulder strap d-rings. While it's not perfect It does what I need. I do plan on adding some type of pad to the lower portion.

I just purchased a used Dive Rite Trans Pac, and may want to change the crotch strap. So my question is are they all the same? I think X-Deep has a Y strap, but im not sure if this can be ordered apart from buying a bp/w.
You normally get a soft pad that covers the diverite strap. The pad is important if you're diving warm water with no wet-suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom