For warm water divers only. Would you consider diving in cold water during travel restrictions?

For warm water divers only, are you willing to dive locally in cold water during travel restrictions

• Yes

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Only if I get a drysuit

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • It's too cold, even in a drysuit

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • There is no local diving near me

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I've never considered it, but am willing to try it

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • I love cold water diving

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • There is nothing to see

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I lived in NY I did not dive there. It was cold diving in The Galapagos but the abundance and variety of marine life made up for the cold. NY not so much. Guess it just depends.

Local cold water diving in Indiana would be some quarries that actually have some depth, a few lakes with about 25' depth and Lake Michigan, none of which sound as good (to me) as warm waters, and none of which I have been in - other than a few quarries when I was in college - but that didn't include diving. :cheers:

If by cold water, you mean dry suit cold, probably not. And considering the times, for me, no cold or warm water diving until a cure/vaccine.

I live in seacoast NH, and have never dived locally because of the cold water (summer water temps typically <63F). I picked up a 7mm specifically for this year because of COVID. If I can't dive in the tropics, I'll dive with the seals! :)

Decidedly better vis than our local site lol!!

DSC08245 (Custom).JPG

Where is that again (think you told me before)?

West Hawk Lake near the Manitoba/Ontario border. The province has set aside a diving only area with flats (where we have training decks in place, walls, quartz veins, fish, human made and set oddities etc to see in depths that goes from easy entry shore to 100’. The area is permanently buoyed off to boats and fishing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom