Post Apocalyptic Coz Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one with the bombing problem is long gone. Take either one and an outside seat. I think that they both have outside seating. If not, wait for the one that does.

Ok, well American doesn't offer the $228 fair from that airport. I think it was Ontario. If you prefer LAX, Interjet offers that fair, but I wouldn't suggest them. I'd go with American for $287. Book these dates and come to my birthday dinner. (Ignore the first flight as it doesn't allow two hours to clear I&C in DFW.)

View attachment 595075

Ontario is our preferred airport and it's only a 20 minute drive from home. It is rare when we can find a low fare or a direct flight from Ontatio to just about anywhere.

LIke I said, we are booked for November but we just might get anxious and book another trip sooner! Where are you having your birthday dinner?

Meanwhile, I will start looking at flights with American. :)

American will book for $282 round trip on some dates with less than seven hours of travel time each way.
Oops, I quote $282 before, not $228 - the later on an airline I won't fly if I can help it.

Yes, we usually fly out of LAX.
Ontario is our preferred airport
One or the other, eh?

Meanwhile, I will start looking at flights with American
I use Matrix for shopping. Great site. I prefer it over Google flights and am glad that they have not closed it.

$287 is a great fare, altho you may want to pay a little more for Main Cabin and assigned seats.
upload_2020-6-29_15-23-15.png

Where are you having your birthday dinner?
The place formerly known as Los Otates the last couple of years, but I'm flexible. It's just a dinner gathering of varied numbers of divers, but I appreciate a few showing up. Being born in late August, I am accustomed to my BD being ignored so have on occasion sponsored my own gatherings. We used to have campouts in my back yard when I lived on the farm, but that house is on the verge of caving in.

Last year my dive Op brought cake...!!

The cake.jpg

Eyeballing an Oct. visit. We usually fly AA, but their flexible cancellation/re-booking policy only extends until the end of Sept. Hopefully the flexibility will be extended through Oct. Checking daily:)

We are still on track to land in COZ this Saturday afternoon (Independence Day 7/4 - 7/11), Secrets Aura, still never settled on a Dive Operator, ugh. Think I'm going to roll with Dive House as they are on property. We did however pick up a couple pieces of extra "Travel Gear" for the plane... PPE wise (Goggles). If needed i will just grab out my Atomic Venom mask and call it good. Also an assortment of masks. I feel quite silly about this gear up, but I am willing to take the steps needed to at bare minimum try to protect those around us just in case, I hope others take the same consideration. Health of us both is still solid so.....we're going unless they shut it down. Fingers and toes crossed! See Ya Saturday!

[QUOTE="CoDiver303, post: 9059717, member: 517838”We did however pick up a couple pieces of extra "Travel Gear" for the plane... PPE wise (Goggles). [/QUOTE]

will you be protecting them from ‘a hard stare’ :)

[QUOTE="CoDiver303, post: 9059717, member: 517838”We did however pick up a couple pieces of extra "Travel Gear" for the plane... PPE wise (Goggles).

will you be protecting them from ‘a hard stare’ :)[/QUOTE]

They are "Anti Glare" so technically yes, Yes I will be! :wink:

You will have a great time :) Remember to take a pen on the plane to fill out the contact tracing docs they then won’t bother to take off you in the airport :)

You will have a great time :) Remember to take a pen on the plane to fill out the contact tracing docs they then won’t bother to take off you in the airport :)

I pretty much always have my own pens on me (one blue, one black) as part of my work, but it's definitely proved useful throughout this whole ordeal I will admit. All of the "Clean Pens" and "Dirty Pens" cups are truly annoying. I hope so man, things are heating up here in the US again and with the holiday.... who knows. COZ will be great, I just worry about the return leg. Then again, stuck in Cozumel.....I can dig it. My lady, not so much (Self Employed).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom