Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monday 06/29/20
1230pm
Alhambra - Solo
Flat Seas
Outgoing tide
Depth to 22ft
Viz was 4-5ft heading out SW to the first line. After that it was less than 3 feet and very silty, especially over the reef areas.

This was my first time diving Venice. Thank you everyone who has posted guides and information (especially about the parking situation, very helpful). Found my first teeth on the first line of boulders / shells! Very exciting! No big teeth but still a lot bigger than ones I have previously found in the springs. Saw lots of tropical fish over the reef area. Surfaced for ten minutes and then descended and swam back using the drain pipes as a reference. Great dives, hope to return soon and find a meg tooth!

(PS If anyone wants to help a newbie ID my teeth and fossils please feel free!)

Attachments

• IMG_20200629_193139315.jpg
    IMG_20200629_193139315.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20200629_193103821.jpg
    IMG_20200629_193103821.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20200629_112707337_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200629_112707337_HDR.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 78
Monday 06/29/20
1230pm
Alhambra - Solo
Flat Seas
Outgoing tide
Depth to 22ft
Viz was 4-5ft heading out SW to the first line. After that it was less than 3 feet and very silty, especially over the reef areas.

This was my first time diving Venice. Thank you everyone who has posted guides and information (especially about the parking situation, very helpful). Found my first teeth on the first line of boulders / shells! Very exciting! No big teeth but still a lot bigger than ones I have previously found in the springs. Saw lots of tropical fish over the reef area. Surfaced for ten minutes and then descended and swam back using the drain pipes as a reference. Great dives, hope to return soon and find a meg tooth!

Thanks for the report. How was the temp? Top left and third row second from left are sand tigers. Easy due to long skinny shape that are often slightly curved. Good finds have a small barb on both sides near base. Be safe

Monday 06/29/20
1230pm
Alhambra - Solo
Flat Seas
Outgoing tide
Depth to 22ft

sand shark, sand tiger, sting ray barbs, dugong or manatee bones, thanks for sharing!

7/7/2020
Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Wind W @10
Seas 2'
Vis 1'-3' around the reef line went to 0 got out to 21' and came back and worked the reef line
Water Temp 89
Finds some small teeth, a mask and a SMB

7/19/20
S. Brohard with Dkramer
light swell, slight current
water 86
tide incoming
vis around 6 ft.
in 17 fsw max
sorry, no teeth but lots of rope from abandoned crab traps
different varieties of fish, and lots of them
Buddy let a snapper and another fish out that were trapped inside of a crab trap.

7/22/2020
Alhambra
No vis
Seas 1'-2'+

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom