My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried it with a flooded suit yet? Or cramp, or something properly nasty?

It would save on staff costs too. I guess there is a bigger minimum crew requirement in case a body or injured person needs to be recovered.

I think I noticed a Canadian boat with a lift.
There’s a couple.

i cant believe a dive op would not help a physically challenged diver , in 30 + years of teaching 40 + years of diving ,i have never seen that ...... i honestly would move heaven and earth to try to get my own boat or other divers help, ive passed my doubles up to a boat crew tons of times here , but like chuck say their boat their rules
@abnfrog , @ChuckP
This isn't intended as a slam to @Marie13, there is a big difference to helping a diver up the ladder if they need it and doing it for them every single dive, week after week, year after year. If someone cant handle the gear they have no business tech diving, they are just a liability. :wink:

@abnfrog , @ChuckP
This isn't intended as a slam to @Marie13, there is a big difference to helping a diver up the ladder if they need it and doing it for them every single dive, week after week, year after year. If someone cant handle the gear they have no business tech diving, they are just a liability. :wink:

Thank you for making your position very clear.

Diving is one thing. Getting them up the accursed boat ladder is quite another.

Yes, the ladder is always.......fun.

Good luck, and all the best!!

DW

@Marie13, A workaround for training might be small tanks, if the class depths allow that, LP50s/AL40s. Side or backmount.

Thank you for making your position very clear.
I actually support you, wish you the best, and want you to succeed. I just dont like people bad mouthing the crew and boat when they've done nothing wrong and have gone well beyond being helpful.:)

Ps, I tried to pm you, it seems you've blocked me. :coffee:

WOW! You unfriended me on Facebook too over my post in this thread.:eek:

I wish you the best and truly hope one day you are able to make your dream of becoming a tech diver come true.

If we were ever FB friends, we haven’t been for a long time. I can’t even remember what your last name is.

Jeez. What a bunch of princesses!

How about this? A line for hanging bottles, weight belts, oxygen, and whatever the rest of the peeps on the boat clip to it:

View attachment 595283
Works pretty well. I have a line very similar for using SM off SoCal boats. I added multiple brass rings where the knots are so I could hang multiple bottles at different depths. Also made it easier to pull the heavy beasts up.

Well, Marie13, I'm not sure how to respond to this without it coming out as bashing, but I will try. It seems again, you're intentionally starting things, and not telling full stories. Leading others to bash us, and encourage the fire brigade.

I'm not going to get into details and everything here, I don't want to hurt you as you seem to want to do to us, regardless of the hours/years of help we put in, in class, in the pool, in the store. All to help grow your passion, even though your dive skills don't follow that same growth. My crew has thrown out their backs hauling you onto the boat. It's different when someone needs a "hand". When I have to have them literally drag you up the ladder, it's not safe. If it happened once, OK....when it happens ALL SUMMER, every trip, every year, and you scream and yell at the crew...NO. How you are diving, is unsafe, your not currently able to do what we expect a normal diver to do diving with us. You can't lift a bottle to the crew from the water, let's be honest. I can't even imagine what would happen if you tried to clip one off on the line. I won't get into all of the other things you can't do, as I'm not here to bash you. I just don't know how to rebutt what you're leading others to think of us, if I can't mention all of these things I should say. It's not the place here, and I wouldn't do that to someone, but you know all of them, it's been spelled out for you from your Instructor. With everything you've insinuated, and allowing others to say about us, my tongue really hurts from how hard I'm biting it right now.

We gave you strict rules to dive off our boat, specific to you, based on you as a diver and the progressions you have had over the years. That was only with a single tank under 60ft, for now, for your safety. You now want to go back to sidemount, which didn't work for you previously. Nothing has anything to do with your age, or anything other than you're trying to do more, than your skill allows, and we won't be apart of it anymore, you're acting unsafe. I'm done getting bashed by you publicly, while you're in the store everyday and we try to work with you, and help you. You either like us or you don't. I appreciate that you have other charters to dive off, and highly encourage that going forward.

This sport isn't for the weak, and unfortunately, not everyone is at the same level, and not everyone can progress. I won't allow someone to dive beyond their ability, their skill, their gear tolerance, and get themselves or my crew hurt or killed. There are enough things in this sport trying to kill us already.

I've tried my best to not bash you Marie13, yet still be able to tell another side of this story. Unfortunately, I can't combat everything everyone says, as all I would do is paint the real story, and destroy your Image. At the same time, I'm done watching this every few months where you twists and exaggerate truths to rile people up. I'm sorry to anyone that doesn't agree with me putting this here, but there is no way to softly tell these parts of the stories. I've done the best I can to shed light on our side here, and have no clue how else to do it. I didn't bring this conversation here, all I can do is tell the full truth, while not bashing someone from every detail, every instance, every moment over the years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom