Who has experience with Hydrotac lenses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used the "Hydrotac" and the wider Trident Dive Optx and I find the Trident Dive Optx to be much better for diving because they are wider. I almost always lose one that comes off from the mask and learned to install just one on the left side and use the other one as spare. You need to make sure that it is all on and doesn't show any part coming off, if it does, you need to reinstall it. You have to leave it for about 48 hours to dry before using it after installing it. You have to make sure that it is installed at the right high on the mask glass, not too high where it become annoying and in the way or too low where you have to strain your eyes trying to look down too low down to be able to see the gauges.

I've had the same pair of Dive Optx for over 10 years. Like you are thinking - one in mask and one in backup mask. I've even moved them around between masks over the years.

Make sure you apply them correctly, I believe they have a curve to them but it's been awhile. I used hot tap water when installing them. Make sure there is no air under them. I think I let the hot water cover them until it cooled.

I've used them, but learned quickly to put one in and keep the other as a backup.

They stay in pretty well in normal diving, but fall out when I'm repeatedly demonstrating mask skills in the pool....

I might go to a more permanent solution, but I'm happy I tried these first. Positioning them matters, and I realized where I thought I wanted them wasn't the best spot. The low point in your mask is where any little droplets collect....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom