New Aqua Lung computer - Now with moar Buhlmann ZHL-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is starting to look real good. If the Bluetooth can be used to communicate with other dive log apps, this may be on a short list to buy.

Screen isn't up to the standards of other computers today. The price is nice though. ZHL-16C is great. 3 mixes and 3 transmitters is nice. Doesn't support trimix unfortunately but no longer a requirement for me. User replaceable batteries is great. Seems like a nice computer but man do I hate that screen. It's so 2010. It would make a good backup computer though.

Funny, it seems SP is also sporting a new very similarly featured computer. Price isn’t bad.

Screen isn't up to the standards of other computers today. The price is nice though. ZHL-16C is great. 3 mixes and 3 transmitters is nice. Doesn't support trimix unfortunately but no longer a requirement for me. User replaceable batteries is great. Seems like a nice computer but man do I hate that screen. It's so 2010. It would make a good backup computer though.
It's hard to believe clunkers like this were the norm only 10 years ago. Also hard to believe manufacturers are releasing new ones.

Hi @hammet

The Aqua Lung i470TC runs PZ+, the proprietary version of Buhlmann ZH-L16C that all of the Aqua Lung computers use. The algorithm is middle of the road in the liberal to conservative spectrum, not too far off from a GF high of around 85. This is the same algorithm that is run in Oceanic dual algorithm computers, along with DSAT, a more liberal decompression algorithm.

From p23 of the i470TC owner's manual:
upload_2020-7-2_15-17-33.png

Hi @hammet

The Aqua Lung i470TC runs PZ+, the proprietary version of Buhlmann ZH-L16C that all of the Aqua Lung computers use. The algorithm is middle of the road in the liberal to conservative spectrum, not too far off from a GF high of around 85. This is the same algorithm that is run in Oceanic dual algorithm computers, along with DSAT, a more liberal decompression algorithm.

From p23 of the i470TC owner's manual:
View attachment 595671
Bummer. I would really like a quality Buhlmann 16 AI LCD computer with replaceable batteries in that form. I can live without technicolor as long as the battery is long lasting, reliable, and easily replaceable. I love my OCi except for DSAT and PZ+.

I can live without technicolor.

Clearly you must have young eyes. LOL

It’s not just the color but the sharpness & clarity as well. The cost of the screen must still be a major driver in the cost of the higher priced computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom