I bought a house in Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to have you here, finally!

If you need a place to shoot, I have plenty of space.

Pete,

thank you for the offer, but I'll need a week or 2 after my stuff gets unloaded to modify the gun so it shoots to the point I'm aiming at and shoots reliabiy. Then I'll definately swing by and bring my SF2 too.

Michael

There's no better feeling that finally getting the dream house for your diving. I was able to purchase mine in 2008 but couldn't move full time right away.
My thing is open ocean from my boat so it is different than yours, but a dream made reality after a long time of obstacles is the sweetest thing. Has been several years for me already, but each time I board the boat from my backyard I thank my lucky stars.
Congratulations on your move, may your gear wear out from so much diving!

but I'll need a week or 2
Take your time. I don't intend to move for some time... like ever.

Actually 10 helpers showed up on Friday the 12th to help unload the container. 90 minutes later the truck driver was able to leave. Chili, Cheeseburgers, n every softdrink imagineable was provided and nobody went home either hungry or thirsty. 5.5 metric tons later and appearanty NOTHING was damaged.
Put up a workbench along the wall, 2 portable workbenches, lots of shelving, lighting, scooter cabinet, and a Lowes 1M wide cabinet (that is unfortunately a piece of junk). An 8.5 foot clothing rod will eventually get hung from the cieling, and I'll mount 8 or 10 48' LED lights. Living room, diningroom and all 3 bedrooms need me to make the furniture kits I bought in Germany, which will take around a month, longer if Kater disagrees with where I want to put it. :(
TV that I ordered from Amazon on the 26th of May finally showed up on the 17th of June. The 7.1 soundsystem will also take weeks to propery install and mount the 22 speakers and subwoofer.
Cat and I are quite happy here, but I really can't say when I'll finally be done. Just raked up 70 bags of oak leaves from the front yard and 4 bottles of Gateraid later the dumptruck crew was very happy and helpfull, that they didn't vaccum the area where the bags were lying suprised me - they were so gung-ho:).
Today new Novak tritium sights, wilson grip screws (too long), and a 30LPI checkering file showed up. Boresighted the upper using a laser boresighter and will sight the Colt Defender in tomorrow, also checking feeding with lead SWC ammo.
As soon as I figure out how to download pictures from my new phone I'll add them.

Michael

Finally got around to adding a few pictures. Kater is now the uncontested king of the neghborhoods cats, he weighs at least twice as much as the next biggest tomcat and now knows how to get back home from at least 4 propertys away so I can let him out several times a day.
20200702_152918.jpg
20200702_152936.jpg
[/ATTACH]
20200702_153001.jpg
20200702_153009.jpg
20200702_153023.jpg
20200702_153037.jpg
20200702_153037.jpg
20200702_153051.jpg
20200702_153110.jpg
20200702_153122.jpg

Sweet! It is nice to have a place with 3 scooter garage. :D

Kater seems have staked out his place with all of his toys.

Glad you are settling in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom