Post Apocalyptic Coz Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your post said "diving the cenotes in Tulum is still shut down". Which ones? Most of the cenotes are on private land and not in Tulum proper, so I doubt any of the owners are paying any attention to that notice.

That's a good point. This was sent to me by an operator in Tulum so maybe the gov. is going at it from that direction.

@Ministryofgiraffes @BoundForElsewhere @horn34 votes on best cenote and worth taking the trip from COZ (today in the current situation)? Had 1-2 days of my May 2020 dive plan dedicated to cenotes but May got fudged. Settling for just COZ (enter sarcasm). Would love to take the trip over but don't feel it's in the books this round. I should probably search cenote threads........

I wouldn’t bother taking the trip from coz on this trip. Just get your ocean diving in and go back for the cenotes another time.

@Ministryofgiraffes @BoundForElsewhere @horn34 votes on best cenote and worth taking the trip from COZ (today in the current situation)? Had 1-2 days of my May 2020 dive plan dedicated to cenotes but May got fudged. Settling for just COZ (enter sarcasm). Would love to take the trip over but don't feel it's in the books this round. I should probably search cenote threads........

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-02 at 5.14.54 PM.jpeg

I don't think there is any diving in Tulum, right now.

I wouldn’t bother taking the trip from coz on this trip. Just get your ocean diving in and go back for the cenotes another time.
That's what i am thinking. Thanks for the opinion. Seems like the time and risk won't be worth it.

View attachment 595810

I don't think there is any diving in Tulum, right now.

My Spanish is mediocre but yeah, it appears any organized public or private events in Tulum period is off limits or up 36 hours in jail. Go Gorilla I'm sure is possible but...... I think that warning is mainly for "US" Americans over the Independence Day weekend. Good call honestly, people have been celebrating here in Colorado for over a month. It's gotten VERY annoying. We are looking to celebrate OUR Independence by supporting and enjoying the people and places of another country we love. Hence our 4th of July Arrival date.

My Spanish is mediocre but yeah, it appears any organized public or private events in Tulum period is off limits or up 36 hours in jail. Go Gorilla I'm sure is possible but...... I think that warning is mainly for "US" Americans over the Independence Day weekend. Good call honestly, people have been celebrating here in Colorado for over a month. It's gotten VERY annoying. We are looking to celebrate OUR Independence by supporting and enjoying the people and places of another country we love. Hence our 4th of July Arrival date.

save me some lionfish ceviche, please. I'll be there in a couple of months, god willing.

Orbitz will allow free re booking. Did u try them?
Holy crap! I was just on their website and saw the 'No change fees' flights. This is awesome! Thanks for the intel. I think I have some planning to do.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom