Officially Cancelled!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

>> How do you fix this?

You’re the doc. You tell me. Your problem is mostly trusting everyone on the boat. Forget the bars. Me? I’m going solo. OK. Just me and my dive-flag! I’m too old and susceptible to mess with this virus.
Guidelines for dealing with Covid-19 are clear, it's the people. How do you fix the people?

Most other countries have a reasonable basis to ban travel from the US, we have handled this pandemic poorly and are a risk to nations that have handled it well.

Well, my trip at the end of this month is officially cancelled. Dive resort cancelled, flights cancelled, hopes and dreams dashed! :(
We had a group trip planned for the first two weeks in September. As a group we made the not so difficult decision to cancel given the current trend and the Bonaire government giving the US the middle finger until we can get things under control.

Had a trip to Bon planned for May and rescheduled for November. Had the option of rescheduling for July/August but I had no confidence that things would be open by then. With the rise in new cases across parts of the US, November seems in doubt as well. Washing hands, social distancing and masks seem the way to reduce the spread. Disheartened to learn of states where bars and restaurants packed with no masks and now their numbers rising dramatically. Other countries are understandably going to be reluctant to open to US with these trends.

Well, my trip at the end of this month is officially cancelled. Dive resort cancelled, flights cancelled, hopes and dreams dashed! :(

The good news is that I'm getting full refunds from everyone without having to scream and yell so there is at least a small silver lining.

I really thought our trip was safe when this whole thing started but here we are. For those of you who have trips scheduled in the coming months, I wish you better luck than I had!

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go start drinking heavily and drown my sorrows! :cheers:

So sad. That is a drag. Still hoping that my Cayman trip is a go in October (moved from March then August...).

So sad. That is a drag. Still hoping that my Cayman trip is a go in October (moved from March then August...).

Mine is cancelled in October. Now Oct 21.

...am booked to go back on my old favourite the Belize aggressor 3 for 10 days at the end of August...It’s half price...I think everyone should come with me :)
Just curious - how are you going to get to Belize? We have an upcoming trip in the fall but our scheduled flight is via Houston so it is not possible unless travel bans get lifted.

Just curious - how are you going to get to Belize? We have an upcoming trip in the fall but our scheduled flight is via Houston so it is not possible unless travel bans get lifted.

‘Belize is lifting all restrictions on August 15th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom