Officially Cancelled!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck with that!

that's exactly what several people said to me when cancun said they were opening in june...i sent them this picture 72 hours later :)...
D599781E-DCC9-4A39-81BF-36086B325DB4.jpeg

it also comments on transit in the subsets.

Suspension of foreign travellers from entry to the USA

Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the US government has suspended the entry of travellers coming from various countries who are not American citizens or permanent residents. This is also valid for travellers in transit.

Contact your airline or tour operator to determine if the situation will disrupt your travel plans.

This link is about the US as a *destination* not as a transit point.
The page has lots of collapsed sections that you have to expand to see. It covers Canada, United States and Mexico borders. If you read all of the page you will find lots of useful information including

"This is also valid for travellers in transit."

It specifically states it is not allowed to cross Canada to US or US to Mexico borders for recreational purposes.

And we all know that making rules and enforcement of those rules are 2 separate concepts. So it may be possible that enforcement has been inconsistent.

My friends in coz have just opined that the key line in this is: government has suspended the entry of travellers coming from various countries who are not American citizens or permanent residents.

They believe that Canada is not one of these 'various countries' when relating to transit...china is...etc. suffuce it to say they are concerned they may not be able to get back through houston now if it was an 'oversight'

i guess a call to the airline is in order...

someone else has just told me they believe this is only applicable to people who have been in the below countries in the last 14 days:

Iran
Brasil
China
UK
Ireland
Shengen EU countries.

they are the 'various countries' mentioned...

They believe it does not apply to Canadians and Canadians are free to travel through the US in transit..as long as they have not been in those countries in the last 14 days,

call to airline still needed though...

:wink:@JoeFriday, I now have 3 confirmations from reliable sources that there are currently no restrictions on Canadians flying through the US in transit to another country.

including my relieved friends in Cozumel to whom I now owe 3 x dinners for ruining their day by stressing them out. :wink::wink::wink:

Especially if you are from the U.S. I can't imagine any country that has gotten a handle on their Covid-19 stats even thinking of letting us Americans, who apparently do not know how to behave during a pandemic, into their country.

Edit: I live in Texas, and I don't even want to be around Texans!
Dittio

:wink:@JoeFriday, I now have 3 confirmations from reliable sources that there are currently no restrictions on Canadians flying through the US in transit to another country.

including my relieved friends in Cozumel to whom I now owe 3 x dinners for ruining their day by stressing them out. :wink::wink::wink:
Reliable sources? You mean the government pages outlining current rules are not reliable? The borders are closed for recreational travel.

And you are ready to self quarantine when you get home?

For travellers without symptoms of COVID-19 returning to Canada - Canada.ca

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom