Some Boat Questions:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you have AC in the pilot house you will roast in the summer here. The shade is nice but you can get that from a Ttop on CC. It's really noticeable if you have to swim a bit and get warmed up and go inside with little to no circulation. Tried fans of all kinds, winds open etc... but it sucks. I never had any choice because we were on commercial boats and work year round so we had to have protection from cold and spray in the winter. In my area the runs are similar to the gulf coast and I'd buy a CC with either a forward cabin or a head in the console and twin OBs in that size range.

Have a look at the Stamas.

They’re beautiful but all their express cabins are too big for my future slip.

I don't have AC, I don't have a fan, have never needed either, don't have a problem when it rains, my cabin stays cool, this past Saturday spent an hour idling while my wife dove, wife did same while I was diving, easily 100°, no problem, cabin stayed cool.

Attachments

• image000000_01.jpg
    image000000_01.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 136
Unless you have AC in the pilot house you will roast in the summer here.

Can you tell me what boat you own this was an issue? The only place I've been that no reverse cycle in the cabin was an issue was Curacao. And that was only from being deep inside the harbor past Willemstad with no breeze.

101124304_10220320595439117_2308657088965902336_n.jpg
This is the last one but I've been boating on the SE coast for 30+ years and had several more, crewed a few and captained a few. Summers can be blisteringly hot ever up to the Carolinas when the water is high 80s, thectemp is high 90s and no breeze. I'm from Texas and lived in the Middle east and Africa. I can take heat but trying to hang out all day in after strenuous exercise like diving is a drag. We end up with 12 volt TV fans everywhere.
101124304_10220320595439117_2308657088965902336_n.jpg

The Calcutta 263 is what you seek.

View attachment 600891
Nice boat but wouldn’t give wife the living room and sleeping area she wants.

Meanwhile, time has shown that my assumption that a slowed economy would bring down boat prices was as wrong as it could be. Quite the opposite has happened. As people figured out that boating can be done in accordance with social distancing rules, boat inventories have been wiped out and no deals are to be found.

While boat prices have jumped, there’s been no movement on the waiting list for a boat slip. The condo association is trying to oust one of the slip holders for not complying with the rules, but that’s taking forever and lawyers are now involved. So now I guess I’m hoping that the eviction process drags out until the end of boating season when boat inventories return to normal.

After this is over people will realize they don't have time to use their boats anymore and there will be a glut in the market.

Nice boat but wouldn’t give wife the living room and sleeping area she wants.

Meanwhile, time has shown that my assumption that a slowed economy would bring down boat prices was as wrong as it could be. Quite the opposite has happened. As people figured out that boating can be done in accordance with social distancing rules, boat inventories have been wiped out and no deals are to be found.

While boat prices have jumped, there’s been no movement on the waiting list for a boat slip. The condo association is trying to oust one of the slip holders for not complying with the rules, but that’s taking forever and lawyers are now involved. So now I guess I’m hoping that the eviction process drags out until the end of boating season when boat inventories return to normal.
There is a 25' C-Dory at Wefing's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom