One small step for commercial boating operators!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KauaiScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Today, our permits were reopened and we're allowed to start boating/diving tours again. However, since there is still a state 14 day quarantine, this will be limited to locals only or if you've gone through the quarantine. While it still puts us with limited work, it's a step in the right direction! Yahoooo!

Here is the e-mail I got...

"Aloha,
Effectively immediately, all commercial vessel operations can resume with up to ten (10) people on a vessel at one time and following the COVID-19 “Act With Care” guidelines. The ten (10) people restriction includes passengers and crew. The ten (10) person limit can be exceeded if everyone is from the same household.

All commercial watersports operators such as surf schools and kayak tours may also resume operations with the same restrictions of a limit of 10 people including clients and staff.

I understand these restrictions will create a problem for several operations. This is just the first release. We may see the restrictions lessen in the near future as more data becomes available."

Lucky we're only 6 pack. Hope you folks are hanging in there! Sending some Aloha your way!
Thank you! We are looking forward to the return of visitors on Aug 1st. You guys thinking of buying temperature sensors for screening guests? I heard they are available online for less than $200 each. Thinking of doing that to try and protect everyone as much as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom