Help me decide - Whites Fusion Bullet or Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It takes a long while for the bullet to dry. FYI, hope you like how wetsuits fit on you because that elastic layer makes it fit like one. I got a catalyst360 and am very happy about it.

I went from a Fusion Bullet to a Santi E-Lite.
The bullet was too warm while in Aruba, but the trilam was great. I dive the Santi E-lite in both warm and cold water.

I will never go back!!!!

If you haven't pulled the trigger, seriously consider renting first to see which is better. Especially if you boat dive. The Fusion is a pain to get into on a rocking boat and during surface intervals taking the top off while leaving the suspenders on to stay cool and let moisture out....the skin starts to sag. The boat Captain's tend not to like soaked diver into the cabin. The bullet pockets aren't the best.

Just my 2 cents.

I have the Fusion Tech, and used it on my last liveaboard since i felt too cold diving wet when climbing aboard the boat(windy). Did 2-3 dives a day, and the suit was on a hanger on the dive deck. A bit damp between the dives(aprx. 2 hours between dives), but completely dry overnight. 21 C in the water, and I stayed warm both under and above the water.
I'm also using the suit for cold water diving, (baselayer+ Arctic), with mostly shore entries, and yes, the skin may get some rough handling there.
But, it's easy to change the skin when it wears down, already bought spare skins when Whites offered them for $99,- :))
Did not find it difficult to don onboard, and overheard one of the local diveguides: That's gonna be my next suit! And these guides dive a lot!

I have a Fusion with the Sport and the Bullet skins. It's pretty easy to switch back and forth. I use the Bullet skin for Lake Michigan wreck dives, and the Sport skin for pretty much everything else.

Hi, sorry that renewed this quite old thread, but I haven't managed to find more appropriate one and don't like to start the new topic.

I'm also having a Whites Fusion Bullet and trying to find solution how to deal with those useless pockets :(
I dive in cold water ( 4-5 degrees by celcius (~40 fahrenheit)) so use dry gloves with thick underwear and can't feel the pocket flap at all, especially when I need to put my equipment back into them and close flaps.
I'm thinking about glueing or sewing some piece of webbing or plastic and would like to ask the community a piece of advice, probably someone has found the solution...

I also have highland neoprene shorts which have great pockets and which I use in hot water with my wetsuit and consider dressing them on over my bullets but if I had done so my p-valve would have been covered...
Highland-Neoprene-pocket-shorts.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom