Dangerous Scuba Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To begin a PADI divemaster course requires rescue certification with current first aid/ cpr certification, did you have this certification? Also need minimum of 40 logged dives to begin program. Did you do any of DM course online? Any online dive theory? Did you purchase required divemaster crewpak with included hologram ?If you did any of these requirements you have a good case that PADI can follow up on
Lou has not been seen here over a year and she only posted in regard to complaining about this instructor, after she got kicked off his boat. There is no doubt that there are some bad instructors out there, but as someone mentioned before, there are always two sides of the story...

To begin a PADI divemaster course requires rescue certification with current first aid/ cpr certification, did you have this certification? Also need minimum of 40 logged dives to begin program. Did you do any of DM course online? Any online dive theory? Did you purchase required divemaster crewpak with included hologram ?If you did any of these requirements you have a good case that PADI can follow up on
The OP was almost two years ago. Apparently nothing was resolved. The named instructor still shows as Active.
upload_2020-7-6_12-28-39.png

What do instructors do when they are kicked out of an organisation? They complete a 1 week conversion and move from PADI to NAUI or SSI, this individual now runs an SSI Dive Centre and is an SSI instructor./QUOTE]

Unfortunately this happens all too often all over the world. And such people don't learn their lesson but continue dangerous practices. A friend of mine reported his former boss for some truly dangerous stuff. Still running a dive op.

The OP was almost two years ago. Apparently nothing was resolved. The named instructor still shows as Active.
View attachment 596422

Happy to know that I am not the only one who read through a really old thread and then checked the instructor's status...

Well, that goes a long way toward explaining why I'm a lousy diver.
Every time I splash I think to myself: "I've got a rep to protect!" :D :D :D Then the cool waters close over me and I realize that I'm home at last.

That whole scenario sounded like a Jimmy Buffett song of Caribbean dreams gone awry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom