Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is your trip due to leave from? If hurghadha, I have a solution.

It's due to leave from Port Ghalib (Marsa Alam), but I'm flying in and out of Hurghada.

It's the trip that leaves on August 15th Daedalus, Rocky, Zabargad (Port Ghalib-Port Ghalib) -7 nights. (I will have already completed the trip the previous week the Rocky/Zabargad/St. John's) : MY Samira | Liveaboard | PADI Travel

I would listen to any solution you present. :)

Dude, if it’s cancelled, just get your Butt to the breakers in soma bay for a week. They have an orca dive club onsite, one of the best house reefs in the world and they do unlimited shore-diving +2 x 2 tank boats a day plus 4 x zodiac trips a day etc. It’s about 52 euro a night including breakfast and dinner buffets, both of which are great.

‘I stayed by accident a couple of years ago before a brothers live aboard week. Went back this feb just to do breakers and my brother and nephew came out to train.

you aren’t going to see sharks in soma bay, but the do weekly trip to the Salem express which is an amazing wreck. (One of the most underrated in the world IMO)

Gallery | The Breakers Diving & Surfing Lodge

love going to breakers. I always come back with photos that get published.

Well, that's funny. We went to the Breakers twice and we will go back for sure. I was about to suggest the same if the one week option is one.
Saying that... what about a two weeks stay?
I understood your flights are booked independent from the LOB. So, if that one is canceled you stil can spend two weeks in Egypt.

What if a diver doesn't much care about wrecks? Is Soma still a go?

What if a diver doesn't much care about wrecks? Is Soma still a go?
100%, the Salem express is really the main wreck and they do it one morning a week on a 2 tank with panorama reef. If you didn’t want to go, you could just do the zodiac out to Raas abu soma or somewhere else, or dive the house reef.

Just picked up on this thread thanks to ChillyinCanada. I have been selling liveaboards in the Red Sea but have not a great land-based resort to offer. This fits the bill, and totally watersport oriented. Thanks to Chilly and Ministryofgiraffes for the lead. Plus good reviews, good people, good food, and great dive op. Ger me a flight to Egypt...now!

The Salem Express Trip used to be on Wednesday.In the meantime there is a fast zodiac for an early morning at Panorama Reef.
And several of the best spots in the Red Sea: Tobia Arba, Gamul Soraya, Shaab Sheer, Abu Kafan, ...

7354A270-9EAD-4C25-9050-A61A2FB133F3.png

The Salem Express Trip used to be on Wednesday.In the meantime there is a fast zodiac for an early morning at Panorama Reef.
And several of the best spots in the Red Sea: Tobia Arba, Gamul Soraya, Shaab Sheer, Abu Kafan, ...
Still Wednesday. Personally though I would do the fast zodiac tobia arbaa any day it is going, but it can be a crapshoot if the DM wants to just do Ras abu soma... although I do like the morning zodiac out to RAS on dual side mounts so you can make your way all the way back to the house reef dock...

soma bay is also in a guarded peninsula and had hotels around have 5* golf/spa etc.

Important to note that they don’t allow solo diving, but they are a tech diving centre onsight and you can train on rebreathers etc if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom