6/27-7/4 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What’s the set up like at restaurants? Are tables well spaced out? Do they check temperatures?

Yes, the tables that were available for seating were all very well spaced out. All establishments did a temperature check, as well as standing on a sanitation pad (so you don't track it in on your bottom of your shoes, I guess?) and using anti-bacterial gel upon entry (as well as departure, at some).

Wow! Some amazing shots captured. What is your secret for getting so close to the squid?

Thanks for the report and great pics!! Can't wait for January to get here for my trip down there!!

Wow! Some amazing shots captured. What is your secret for getting so close to the squid?

Thanks! Never swim AT them. Always go nearly parallel to them and VERY slowly. Very slow breathing, and staying as low to the bottom as possible. If it turns white, STOP. As you get closer, stop moving entirely and they'll usually come to you out of curiosity. Also, when you see one, always look around for others. Often when you're slowly stalking one, another will approach you from behind if you're between them. I'll also sometimes use my strobes a couple of times when they're further away, even though I know the picture won't come out, because it seems to make them curious.

Great photos
liked the porky in the coral

I have never noticed the little white claw on the front fins before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom