Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. I'm here now diving on vacation.

Behavior is similar to NYC. Masks mandatory indoors. Mixed use outdoors.

If you are in an at risk category you should not travel period. Do not expect others to behave the same as you do. People here have a similar mix of opinions as people in USA.

Yes. I'm here now diving on vacation.

Behavior is similar to NYC. Masks mandatory indoors. Mixed use outdoors.

If you are in an at risk category you should not travel period. Do not expect others to behave the same as you do. People here have a similar mix of opinions as people in USA.
Who did you fly down on? How packed was the flight?

There was a lot of conflicting statements on masks early on, some of it politics, but can we leave it now. Masks are very helpful in preventing you (even if you have no symptoms yet but may be carrying), and that's just logical as they help control the droplets you expel. Why else does everyone in a surgical room wear one? To a lesser degree they can reduce your exposure if you wear. The Golden Rule is failing here tho, and the national government needs to require wearing instead of calling it a personal decision.

Houston has 2½ million people, a 25% infection, and their hospitals are near limits so they also cannot help patients with other life-threatening needs. That's just one example of many failures. Mask wearing needs to be enforced in Cozumel as well.
Over 500k infected?

Over 500k infected?
I don't know the actual number confirmed. 25% of those tested were positive but similar to Mexico, they may be testing more of those with symptoms than a true sampling. Houston can create more hospital beds, but medical personnel seems to be in short supply so the hospitals are nearing their limits. Along with that, preventative treatments, exams, and tests are being postponed as well as some needed treatments and surgeries. As in other hotspots, the problems snowball. I think that too many varied politicians are striving to support the economy instead of listening to medical experts. Reopening bars was probably the biggest mistake.

I don't know the actual number confirmed. 25% of those tested were positive but similar to Mexico, they may be testing more of those with symptoms than a true sampling. Houston can create more hospital beds, but medical personnel seems to be in short supply so the hospitals are nearing their limits. Along with that, preventative treatments, exams, and tests are being postponed as well as some needed treatments and surgeries. As in other hotspots, the problems snowball. I think that too many varied politicians are striving to support the economy instead of listening to medical experts. Reopening bars was probably the biggest mistake.
Yeah, they may be.

Who did you fly down on? How packed was the flight?
Delta. Fairly full but no middle seats in use. Behavior of fellow passengers was that masks were on the entire time except when eating and drinking.

Having said that it's funny. Someone was in a lot of protective gear and then in the baggage claim it was all off.

Delta. Fairly full but no middle seats in use. Behavior of fellow passengers was that masks were on the entire time except when eating and drinking.

Having said that it's funny. Someone was in a lot of protective gear and then in the baggage claim it was all off.
Thanks..enjoy your trip!

houston pop.PNG
covid 7-6-2020.PNG
Not sure where the Houston numbers referred to above are coming from but a quick goggle shows these numbers.

There was a lot of conflicting statements on masks early on, some of it politics, but can we leave it now. Masks are very helpful in preventing you (even if you have no symptoms yet but may be carrying), and that's just logical as they help control the droplets you expel. Why else does everyone in a surgical room wear one? To a lesser degree they can reduce your exposure if you wear. The Golden Rule is failing here tho, and the national government needs to require wearing instead of calling it a personal decision.

Houston has 2½ million people, a 25% infection, and their hospitals are near limits so they also cannot help patients with other life-threatening needs. That's just one example of many failures. Mask wearing needs to be enforced in Cozumel as well.

Sounds like you watch way too much CNN. Houston DOES NOT have 500,000 cases of Corona. Fake news deluxe. At some point there may have been a detection rate of 25% of those tested (They love to do the same kind of math that you used here). I am a former patient of Houston Methodist Hospital, so I get email updates from them. Here is the last one I received correcting the sensational press:

My email:

"We’re Open and Caring for All of Our Community

We are open and safely seeing patients. Because we have the capacity to safely care for our COVID-19 patients as well as the rest of our community, we are continuing all elective surgeries and procedures. As always, you can trust that we are continuously monitoring our hospital’s capacity and have the ability to adjust it on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
If you are currently scheduled for labs, imaging or a doctor’s visit, your appointment should take place as scheduled. If you are scheduled for surgery, you will be notified if there are any changes.

LEARN MORE

Houston Methodist
1707 Sunset Blvd.
Houston, TX 77005"

View attachment 596546 View attachment 596547 Not sure where the Houston numbers referred to above are coming from but a quick goggle shows these numbers.

Those numbers are for all of Texas. I am one of those that had the antibody test. Tested positive for having it in February. Wasn't any fun, incessant coughing, bronchitis, but no worse than some of the crap I've had.

Back
Top Bottom