Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those numbers are for all of Texas. I am one of those that had the antibody test. Tested positive for having it in February. Wasn't any fun, incessant coughing, bronchitis, but no worse than some of the crap I've had.

The red circle is the number for Harris county, Houston 36,597 cases.

harris county.PNG

And now...back to the original topic. :clapping:

Sounds like you watch way too much CNN. Houston DOES NOT have 500,000 cases of Corona. Fake news deluxe. At some point there may have been a detection rate of 25% of those tested (They love to do the same kind of math that you used here). I am a former patient of Houston Methodist Hospital, so I get email updates from them. Here is the last one I received correcting the sensational press:

My email:

"We’re Open and Caring for All of Our Community

We are open and safely seeing patients. Because we have the capacity to safely care for our COVID-19 patients as well as the rest of our community, we are continuing all elective surgeries and procedures. As always, you can trust that we are continuously monitoring our hospital’s capacity and have the ability to adjust it on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
If you are currently scheduled for labs, imaging or a doctor’s visit, your appointment should take place as scheduled. If you are scheduled for surgery, you will be notified if there are any changes.

LEARN MORE

Houston Methodist
1707 Sunset Blvd.
Houston, TX 77005"
Your post wasn't as exciting.

Houston DOES NOT have 500,000 cases of Corona. Fake news deluxe.
I did not say that. I said this.
a 25% infection,
There were subsequent posts about how I guessed that they may be only testing those with symptoms that could yield a higher positive rate.

Houston has 2½ million people, a 25% infection, and their hospitals are near limits so they also cannot help patients with other life-threatening needs. That's just one example of many failures. Mask wearing needs to be enforced in Cozumel as well.

As of July 5 Harris county had 342,489 tested per the Texas Health and Human Services website,
with 36,597 cases and a population of 6,371,000.
Any way you look at the numbers it is nowhere near 25%.

This is where so much false information is spread.

As of July 5 Harris county had 342,489 tested per the Texas Health and Human Services website,
with 36,597 cases and a population of 6,371,000.
Any way you look at the numbers it is nowhere near 25%.

This is where so much false information is spread.

Harris County population is 4.7M (In 2019). Did almost 2M people move there in the past few months?

Harris County population is 4.7M (In 2019). Did almost 2M people move there in the past few months?

It depends on which definition of Houston you are using. You have Houston the city (2.3M), Houston as in Harris county (4.7M), or the MSA (6.9M).

You have a similar issue with Dallas, meaning the city, the county, the suburbs, and even the full DFW MSA.

It depends on which definition of Houston you are using. You have Houston the city (2.3M), Houston as in Harris county (4.7M), or the MSA (6.9M).

I thought this was about HARRIS COUNTY. (I understand Houston is somewhat bulbous and difficult to define).

Back
Top Bottom