Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Important to note that they don’t allow solo diving, but they are a tech diving centre onsight and you can train on rebreathers etc if you want.

That's important for me to know since I'm traveling alone and won't have a buddy with me. I figure, if my second LOB week gets canceled, that I might go to a resort that week and dive. But for shore diving I won't a have a buddy unless I hook up with one at the resort, which is always a crap shoot. I guess I could always learn to kite surf.

I'm going to contact them, regardless, for the weekly rate that week and see what it would cost - just in case my boat gets canceled.

Well, that's funny. We went to the Breakers twice and we will go back for sure. I was about to suggest the same if the one week option is one.
Saying that... what about a two weeks stay?
I understood your flights are booked independent from the LOB. So, if that one is canceled you stil can spend two weeks in Egypt.

Yes, my flights are all booked. The international flights are easy to cancel. The flight from Cairo to Hurghada is a nightmare to cancel and re-book, so it is easier to just go on the trip and hope for the two weeks on the LOB, but maybe also reserve (or explain my situation to) a dive resort in Hurghada for the second week to be safe. The Breakers seems like a good option.

And if you fancy doing something different they are associated with the Kite House, where you can, guess..., yes learn to kite.
So you've got divers and kiters there.
Oh, and not to forget the Full Moon Parties at the beach at, guess..., yes, Full Moon. You will meet people from the other hotels (Sheraton, Radison, ...) which are kind of posh compared to the cool cats from The Breakers.:cool:
You mentioned, you need a buddy: Orca Divers will take care of that, they are very attentive and responsible. I don't know the rates yet, but you can also take ask for a guided dive with a DM.

That's important for me to know since I'm traveling alone and won't have a buddy with me. I figure, if my second LOB week gets canceled, that I might go to a resort that week and dive. But for shore diving I won't a have a buddy unless I hook up with one at the resort, which is always a crap shoot. I guess I could always learn to kite surf.

I'm going to contact them, regardless, for the weekly rate that week and see what it would cost - just in case my boat gets canceled.
First time I went I was solo, ended up Maxing out at around 4 dives a day on the zodiac And group night dives. You don’t need a buddy for any of the boat diving but you do for house reef

First time I went I was solo, ended up Maxing out at around 4 dives a day on the zodiac And group night dives. You don’t need a buddy for any of the boat diving but you do for house reef

Living in Hawaii, I'm used to doing a lot of shore diving. Just by reading about the place online, I assumed I would dive the house reef if I stayed there. I'm a friendly gal, so finding a buddy isn't normally a problem. I love boat diving, though, so I don't get really fussed about much. If I find a buddy, I find a buddy. If I don't, no big deal. I've always wanted to learn to kite surf, so that is always an option, too. :)

And if you fancy doing something different they are associated with the Kite House, where you can, guess..., yes learn to kite.
So you've got divers and kiters there.
Oh, and not to forget the Full Moon Parties at the beach at, guess..., yes, Full Moon. You will meet people from the other hotels (Sheraton, Radison, ...) which are kind of posh compared to the cool cats from The Breakers.:cool:
You mentioned, you need a buddy: Orca Divers will take care of that, they are very attentive and responsible. I don't know the rates yet, but you can also take ask for a guided dive with a DM.

It's a real treat to know that I have options. I just sent them an e-mail to ask about rates and to get additional information.

I'm feeling better about the possibility of my LOB getting canceled. Thank you to Ministry of Giraffes and to you, Just Surface Interval. I'm still hoping it goes as planned, but it's great to know that I have another option that you both have been to and really like.

Living in Hawaii, I'm used to doing a lot of shore diving. Just by reading about the place online, I assumed I would dive the house reef if I stayed there. I'm a friendly gal, so finding a buddy isn't normally a problem. I love boat diving, though, so I don't get really fussed about much. If I find a buddy, I find a buddy. If I don't, no big deal. I've always wanted to learn to kite surf, so that is always an option, too. :)
They have a signup solo list and the Germans are generally a friendly bunch, so you shouldn’t have any issues.

They have a signup solo list and the Germans are generally a friendly bunch, so you shouldn’t have any issues.

And I generally love diving with Germans!

I would add that, if you adverse to Eurotrance etc. Probably best to specify that you would like a room above the reception area of the hotel. Anything near the bar is going to be loud until midnight. It’s very much a ‘BoHo’ surfer type of vibe at the breakers when full. Dive/kite hard all day, drink/dance hard all night. They set up the huge daybeds on the roof as well so people generally just drag duvets out and sleep under the stars.

The rooms above the reception are land side, if i remember correctly and cheaper. Go for Sea side.
And i would guess that it will not be very full as they are just restartung after Corona.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom