Is this a bastard force fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking for travel fins, checked out mako and other freediver fins I would cut down, indigos, force, saw someone supposedly selling them locally and had a picture of this up.

Outcast Power Kick Fins : Cabela's
Yes, when our World Patents ran out on this Force Fin design ( float tubing )..competion ran to the Peoples Republic of China. Our products are made in our Pennsylvania plant. Sadly Cabela was one of our biggest customer. May kind of have the look like, but I see problems with performance and strap system. Susanne and I lost over 400 flyfishing dealers over this..but their seems to be more Americans who want a USA product. Who knows..good luck. Bob and Susanne Float Tube Force Fin – Force Fin

Attachments

• bob-sus-flag-2458.jpg
    bob-sus-flag-2458.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 90
Yes, when our World Patents ran out on this Force Fin design ( float tubing )..competion ran to the Peoples Republic of China. Our products are made in our Pennsylvania plant. Sadly Cabela was one of our biggest customer. May kind of have the look like, but I see problems with performance and strap system. Susanne and I lost over 400 flyfishing dealers over this..but their seems to be more Americans who want a USA product. Who knows..good luck. Bob and Susanne Float Tube Force Fin – Force Fin
Well you can add this to the list of reasons I don't shop at Bass Pro/cabelas.

Patents expire to drive innovation and protect consumers from price gouging. If you have a huge margin and stop innovating competition can keep you honest. Sounds like you didn't like that. I'm also guessing you are a fan of generic medication and don't buy the name brand...

I'm saying this as an R&D engineer.

Unfortunately this knock off is just garbage, looks likes a cheap version of the ForceFin and performs like a board. This knock off didn'tc anything but the look,

What's up with the hiking boot?

W
Patents expire to drive innovation and protect consumers from price gouging. If you have a huge margin and stop innovating competition can keep you honest. Sounds like you didn't like that. I'm also guessing you are a fan of generic medication and don't buy the name brand...

I'm saying this as an R&D engineer.
Wow I wish we had a high margin, but then I was thinking more like the end user. That is why we use Polyurethane. Patents are protection for the 1/2 Million spent on fin development. Speaking as a Artist. It's not so simple..Dick Anderson Effect – Force Fin

Bob, do you ever watch any of the float reviews? I saw one recently for the Cumberland float tube. The package he recieved actually included fins. I don't know if they were yours or not. Perhaps you'd want to look into it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom