Where should I live in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To soon?

Nope, we're full.

No room for anyone else.

I hear Louisiana is nice this time of year.

Yep...Louisiana is very nice this time of year...if you enjoy 97 degrees and 100% humidity :wink:

Yep...Louisiana is very nice this time of year...if you enjoy 97 degrees and 100% humidity :wink:
I was working out by the pool today, heat index was only 104* here in south florida.

I had to get my shop fan so I didn't drop sweat on my laptop.

The things one does for their spawn...

Thinking about getting a place in Lauderdale by the Sea. What do you think anybody live there good plan?

Thinking about getting a place in Lauderdale by the Sea. What do you think anybody live there good plan?
Nope were all full up.

Didn't you read the thread? Horrible place to live.

All the beaches, diving and sunshine.

The worst part is the Canadians.... :rofl3:

I live in Tampa when I'm not out of the country for work.

It's OK. We live north of Tampa proper in a standard Florida McNeighborhood (gated subdivision built around a golf course or tennis courts). I'm not a city boy at heart so I don't like HOAs or the dense traffic (and I think Tampa traffic is horrible) but I like my job so it's a tradeoff.

We live far enough away from the storm paths that we don't have to evacuate. When storms come, the agony of my commute fades and I feel grateful we live high and dry and have plenty of terrain between us and the coast to temper the windspeeds reaching us. During the last ordered evacuation (2018), while everybody was clogging the highways, we were relaxing at the house. The following day, we spent about 30 minutes cleaning up some palm fronds and you'd never have guessed there had been a storm. Not so down in Tampa proper with flooded streets, sustained power outages, etc.

We live near a really large and pretty well-resourced green space which is important to us for walking and cycling.

There's a prominent hospital five miles from my house that we use.

We wanted to live close to the water and fell in love with St Pete but our budget would not have purchased the quality and size of home that we live in now at our inland location. For a given sum of money, you can probably cut the square footage in half if you go from an inland home to a coastal home. In other words and generally speaking, for $xxx,000 you can get get a 3,000 sq ft home with a three car garage in a family-friendly neighborhood somewhere inland. Go to the coast and for the same price that square footage drops to 1500 sq ft with a single car garage. I'm sure some will say that's simply untrue but it's what my wife and I have found and continue to find during our house-hunting.

If I were to relocate, I'd pick somewhere outside of Sarasota. Nice town, lots of arts and music. I can drive to the Atlantic Coast. I don't have to live ON the Atlantic Coast to enjoy it.

I love Suwannee County, but then I'm a cave diver.

I think that is an excellent plan-provided you have a spare room or couch where your gypsy dive friends can crash when they visit.

Couv
(President of the Gypsy Dive Club)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom