how many pairs of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ten pairs
(3) Force Fins - FF, Adjustable, Extra Force
(2) Hollis - F2 (M/L and XL)
(1) Scubapro - Jetfins
(1) Mares - Avanti Quattro
(1) Cressi - Gara Modular for freediving
(1) OMS - Slipstreams
(1) Voit - full foot

I use Force Fins 99% of the time. You can have my Force Fins, IF you can pry them out of my cold, pruny, wet fingers! :D
Started with Mares Avanti Quattro.

My answer has not changed since 2012 except that I love my Xstremes. I can't believe that I've had them so long. They still look new to me.

I have 2 pairs of fins, Scubapro jetfins and Scubapro jetfins. :rofl3:

1 extra large and 1 small jetfin set for openwater and pool work
1 mares set and 1 monofin for finswimming

Six pairs:

2 pair vintage AMF Swimasters
1 pair Hollis F1
1 pair Hollis F2
1 pair Aeris Accels
1 pair Mares Avanti Quattro full foot

I own four pairs:

• Scubapro Jet Fins - heavy/negative, great for diving doubles or other heavy steel tanks as they help trim me out
  • OMS Slipstream fins - neutrally buoyant. Bought them for single tank diving as the jet fins made me feet heavy with a light single tank
  • Turtle Fins - big foot pocket, bought for drysuit diving
  • TUSA fins - I may have lost them... bought these when I first started diving, clearly I don't dive them anymore

I own 2 pairs:
Turtle fins for my drysuit
Mares Avanti Quattro fins for wetsuit

Three pair

1) SP Novas - great for flutter kick but have a tendency to slice and yield excessively if one tries to frog kick

2) Zeagle Recons - improvement over the SP Novas and responsive to frog kicking but limited to single tank diving. They get mushy when driving a twinset and unacceptably so when one adds multiple deco tins.

3) DiveRite XT fins - < cue marimba melody from “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid >

I would like to try some ForceFins eventually after I get other essentials out of the way. I’ve had two instructors praise them highly.

2 pairs

I had a pair of Volo hinged fins, as I had a knee injury, and I wanted a floppy fin.

Since then Im more confident in my knees, so I bought Tusa Imprex Duos, a stiffer fin.

jet fins for doubles/my big ass dry suit boot

Seawing Nova Gorilla for travel/wet suit boot

Back
Top Bottom