Merritts Mill Pond 7/8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve pieced together who it is but shall wait for an official report other than to say I met this guy, albeit briefly. RIP

Very sad for his family, and for the Cave Adventurer staff, Stacy, and Edd.

I did not know him personally.

Body of diver recovered in Jackson County

Another link. Sounds like the news editors cut out some of Edd’s description of the incident because it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Sounds like the diver might have been low on gas and just about to ascend the final chimney in Hole in the Wall (?) hence Edds statement about the gas expanding. Apologies in advance for speculating.

ounds like the diver might have been low on gas and just about to ascend the final chimney in Hole in the Wall (?) hence Edds statement about the gas expanding. Apologies in advance for speculating.
Pretty much.

:(
God be with the rescuers and the family. RIP

Body of diver recovered in Jackson County

Another link. Sounds like the news editors cut out some of Edd’s description of the incident because it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Sounds like the diver might have been low on gas and just about to ascend the final chimney in Hole in the Wall (?) hence Edds statement about the gas expanding. Apologies in advance for speculating.
yes the bottom of the chimney would be close to 120ft in and about 65-70 feet deep so ~40ft away from the O2 bottom drop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom