Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, ok!
The next Divers Days are scheduled for 27.02-06.03.2021. I don't think they will schedule anything for this year unless they move the one that was planned 18.06.-25.06.2020.
ORCA has a Relaqua Workshop with Nik Linder for 30.07.-06.08.2020 (Relax, Breath Control, Apnoe) but this folks are not really the party animals :wink:

Also, make sure you signup for zodiac dives as soon as you get there for your whole week if you want to...and also book at least 1 dive online before you arrive. if you have booked at least 1 dive online, they will give you all of your supplementary dives at the online prebook price...if you haven't you will pay the higher price.

It's also a good idea to book the zodiac dives if you want them because i have seen people hesitate, only for a family/group of 8 to sign up and book up when whole zodiac in one go. There is only one zodiac for each appointed time, so if it's full and you haven't signed up for a space, you will be left on the housereef, which is absolutely excellent anyway...

the half day and day boats usually always have space as they are bigger, include lunch etc. personally i would only go on the salem express all day as there are usually only 2 dives and it takes up the whole day. You would only get 2 dives in unless you did a nightdive or reef when you get back. I prefer max dives per day. i've done 7 on that housereef on one day on nitrox. it's fantastic

Anyone know any dive shops open in sharm now? No liveaboard can confirm for July. I would love to get in the water after the dive sites got a break from all the no diving.

Have a look >>>here<<< maybe it's helpful.
However i heard that the Lagona Divers in Dahab are to open again and they are not on that list.

We just cancelled our shop trip for August. The King Snefro fleet liveaboard was running, but our tickets kept getting cancelled by Turkish air. King Snefro said that they were the first liveaboard fleet to get authorization to run. They are in a phase one mode where only 50% capacity is allowed. So you could try them if you can get to egypt. We did not want to spend two weeks in Istanbul. I am sure it is a nice city, but we want to dive not sightsee.

Don't mention the war... i know. :wink:
But i suspect the gal from Hawaii won't know the quote.

Would you like a drink before the war?

Also, make sure you signup for zodiac dives as soon as you get there for your whole week if you want to...and also book at least 1 dive online before you arrive. if you have booked at least 1 dive online, they will give you all of your supplementary dives at the online prebook price...if you haven't you will pay the higher price.

It's also a good idea to book the zodiac dives if you want them because i have seen people hesitate, only for a family/group of 8 to sign up and book up when whole zodiac in one go. There is only one zodiac for each appointed time, so if it's full and you haven't signed up for a space, you will be left on the housereef, which is absolutely excellent anyway...

the half day and day boats usually always have space as they are bigger, include lunch etc. personally i would only go on the salem express all day as there are usually only 2 dives and it takes up the whole day. You would only get 2 dives in unless you did a nightdive or reef when you get back. I prefer max dives per day. i've done 7 on that housereef on one day on nitrox. it's fantastic

So I just heard back from the lovely woman at the Breakers. They are currently closed due to Covid-19. They are hoping to open by the end of August, but that will be AFTER my trip. She's going to let me know if they open early, but it's a hit or miss.

Anyone else have any ideas for a good dive resort/hotel in the Hurghada area?

discovery divers and blue planet liveaboards are operating end of July. I’m trying to get a spot if any left.

Back
Top Bottom