Need Help - First Regulator Rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's too late now, but I never let that stop me from cutting and pasting something I spent too much time typing. I just posted this yesterday in another thread:

One deviation I take from the manual: Rebuild the entire high pressure assembly before installing the diaphragm. Install the pin (A02002) & pin support (101569) and perform the spring test. Slowly pressurize the regulator and listen for leaks. Actuate the pin and support a few times and listen for leaks again. If none found, remove the pin and support and put a few drops of water over the pin hole. See any bubbling? If yes, you'll have to back up and find the issue. In no, blow it dry and finish the build.

This small deviation might uncover a leak somewhere in the hp system before you cover everything up.

Nice. Thank you. I guess that's why I got two.

Couv,I always do that with DA/RAM nozzles, which are basically the same thing as a Conshelf/Titan, it has saved me many hours of rework.

Back
Top Bottom