Any news on when Roatan will reopen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My shop's travel manager was just told this morning that our flights scheduled for September 19-26 have been cancelled. We were originally supposed to be going in April, so this was already the reschedule. I threw in the towel and cancelled instead of trying to rereschedule.
What carrier were you booked with? Delta has been cancelling flights, but I haven't heard of any others. Given the rates that COVID infections have been soaring in the U.S., I'll be surprised if we're allowed in for a while.

What carrier were you booked with? Delta has been cancelling flights, but I haven't heard of any others. Given the rates that COVID infections have been soaring in the U.S., I'll be surprised if we're allowed in for a while.
I don't know. She hadn't released the information to us yet. I actually emailed her to say that I was going to have to cancel because my company is severely restricting international travel and she emailed back that the flights had just been cancelled that morning anyway.

Unless something changes in the next few months, I think Americans are going to find that our little blue books are pretty worthless for a while.

I just saw they will open to International travelers Aug 17th

Guidelines from Coco View, we received these in preparation for our October trip.

Attachments

• COVID Restrictions.jpg
    COVID Restrictions.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 111
  • COVID Restrictions 2.jpg
    COVID Restrictions 2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 108
Just returned from a 6 day trip to Akumal. The Mexicans have it going on. Protocols in place everywhere and everyone in the airport at Cancun wore masks without protest. Other countries need to follow their lead. During our trip I noticed RTB was a scant 284nm away and I started thinking about a trip in December. Started looking and then noticed the island is closed. If a vaccine arrives in time for Christmas I'll take the mofo since it will be a way to travel without protest I would think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom