Where should I live in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't live in Florida, never have and probably never will. I have limited experience which should color my opinion with a HUGE grain of salt.
I have made 5 dedicated dive and business trips and plan to have many more.
For my money and from my experience, I would be looking to live in Boynton Beach or Delray Beach if I ever thought about Florida as a "full time" place to live.
Heck, even as a part time resident, they would be my choice.

I am not a cave diver, so that colors my opinion. I love reef diving above all else and the reef(s) off of Boynton and Delray tick all of my boxes. I have enjoyed the vibe and culture in both places.

West Palm, Blue Heron bridge and Jupiter are a short drive north-- Key Largo is a short dive south for their wrecks and reefs.
You have the choice of 3 airports (West Palm, FLL and MIA). Seems like the ideal FL location for someone like me.

That being said, you are probably not going to pry my cold and waterlogged fingers away from the Pacific NW or the California Coast.
But, Florida is growing on me: Florida Dive Trip June 27 to July 7, 2020

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom