SPEC Boots for MK10 and MK15 primary regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20171105_111301.jpg

It's ghetto, but it works!
5 years and counting, since last service...

@rsingler When you pressurize the first stage can you still see the boot inflate?

Yep. That pic is inflated. This pic is gas off. Maybe time for a little Tribolube topup. I lose a little tiny bit of grease out the bottom of the skirt from handling, every 10-20 dives or so.
20171105_111247.jpg

Yep. That pic is inflated. This pic is gas off. Maybe time for a little Tribolube topup. I lose a little tiny bit of grease out the bottom of the skirt from handling, every 10-20 dives or so.
View attachment 579826

How often has it been dived ?

Four or five days a year for five years. Maybe fifty dives. Not heavy use, but I haven't done anything but rinse it off in that time. I bring it out for old times sake, or during instruction to show that well-cared-for old gear still works fine. Those pics are from a year ago. Still looks the same.

I'll just stick a syringe and blunt needle under the skirt and add 1/2cc of T-66. Milk back out the bubble that snuck in when I lifted the lower edge of the skirt with the needle and done. Same technique I use to top up Tigger's nicer boot or my Atomics.

Hi @Angelo Farina
Any updates? Have you had a chance to test your design under water? I am preparing to make a mold for a MK10 SPEC boot. Any addition comments about your design and/or possible modifications would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Angelo Farina
Any updates? Have you had a chance to test your design under water? I am preparing to make a mold for a MK10 SPEC boot. Any addition comments about your design and/or possible modifications would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, the one made by Silicon is working fine, no leakage and no problem in water.
I sent some (both silicon and PU rubber) to @couv . Possibly he has also tested them...

Yes, the one made by Silicon is working fine, no leakage and no problem in water.
I sent some (both silicon and PU rubber) to @couv . Possibly he has also tested them...

Hi @Angelo Farina Yes, they look very nice. But thanks to the Covid-19 craziness I'm waiting on two things. First, the candidate MK10 SPEC regulators I'm going to put the boots on (I might have to break down and use a couple that are currently in my stable.) Second: the opportunity to test dive them. I have an IP gauge that I can take underwater and monitor the effect (there should be none) the boot has on the IP.

Will update when things start falling into place.

Thank you,

Couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom