How do YOU enter the water?

How do YOU enter the water?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a giant stride off of a 9-10 foot pier. I'll never do that again. The family jewels ended up in my mask or so it felt.

FreeFloat:
Mo2vation (I think) once had an avatar of a perfectly executed forward roll off the second (upper) deck of a dive boat...........
I miss the forward roll, I haven't done it in years (I'm afraid it would freak others now), but that was my main entry my first lifetime.
So now, the tame backroll.

Tom

This is very interesting....

Uncle Pug, could you please add that on, i cant figure out how to.

Nomaster, how do you do a front roll? I have tried, and been very unsucessful.

Back roll off the side. That 99 percent of the times ends as an underwater sumersault.

Wildcard:
I did a giant stride off of a 9-10 foot pier. I'll never do that again. The family jewels ended up in my mask or so it felt.

did you have your fins on? That doesn't help matters. I have only done it twice, what I did was I just held my fins and put them on in the water. One of my kibbutz buddies, however, dropped a fin and had to descend with only one.

I used to be a diver (well, : you know, like Greg Louganis. I guess I still am a diver, no? :eyebrow,) I get a thrill out of those high jumps. It's a bit more awkward with the tank, however... Giant Stride usually does it for me.

I am also curious, how does one pull off a foward roll without clanking their first stage on their neck?

Mostly giant stride unless the DM is letting me bomb the wreck with him then it's head first and frankly that's my favorite! :eyebrow:

Would the struggle-through-pounding-surf-while-trying-to-avoid-slipping-on-kelp-and-rocks-shore-entry? classify as "other"?

Very gingerly this time of the year as the water is getting a little chilly.

Off a boat it is usually a giant stride off a vessel with significant freeboard and a back roll off lower boats (Zodiacs, etc).

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom