• Screen, color or not

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Style, watch puck, console

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • Other, designate below

Votes: 43 31.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread has veered dramatically away fom the single most important factor in choosing a recreational computer.

OK with me. Those who know me, know that I am quite interested in the general topic

What? A ScubaBoard thread swerving like a drunk texting while driving down a curvy road in the dark? Imagine that?!!! :rofl3:

This thread has veered dramatically away fom the single most important factor in choosing a recreational computer.

OK with me. Those who know me, know that I am quite interested in the general topic

Hmmmm? Very subtle. :rain:

What? A ScubaBoard thread swerving like a drunk texting while driving down a curvy road in the dark? Imagine that?!!! :rofl3:
Hey, Jim. How are you?
Don't worry.... going against the T.O.S. won't "Lock you out." :cool:
Cheers.

Haaa. Nice turn around. You've been awarded a seat next to Fbone in the "Ignore." section.
Got it.
Again, which one is it?
You left out part of Ken's response.

Yes, the computer will lock you out under water if you violate its guidance during the ascent, BUT, the overwhelming majority of people will not violate it to the degree that incur and miss deeper stops, meaning that they will not lock out during the ascent and will only violate it when they reach the surface.

Yeah but they're talking about it locking you out when you're still underwater?

From the description, the amount of @#$%ing-up involved is such that if it were for real, you'd be long past needing a dive computer anyway.

From the description, the amount of @#$%ing-up involved is such that if it were for real, you'd be long past needing a dive computer anyway.
Yes.

My Eon will lock me out if I bust me deco ceiling by 3 minutes. I can't be bothers to look up what exactly happens because, 3 minutes is an eternity - I'm I'm busting my ceiling I've got bigger problems - probably making a PDQ ascent and won't be jumping back in the water that day nor the next

If it locks me for stupidity - well I deserve that too

People moaning about lockouts simply (in most cases) want their cake and eat it - well don't dive with a computer them, just use gas contents and "your feels"

Reminds of a quick Story, where I designed a piece of lifting tackle, which in use broke. Was repaired and broke again. When I went to see what was happening, they were making the lift in a dangerous way (the equipment was designed for a proper lift)

When I pointed it out (not the kit's nor design fault) I was told I needed to design it to not break when being used dangerously

My Eon will lock me out if I bust me deco ceiling by 3 minutes. I can't be bothers to look up what exactly happens because, 3 minutes is an eternity

That reminds me. At least for the older models I have had the deco ceiling you have bust to get locked out has to be a real dissolved gas one, not a fake “deep stop” one. It isn’t too hard to ignore a stop at 11m on an NDL dive to 30m so it would be a proper issue if those caused trouble.

Back
Top Bottom