WTB: DSS wing rubber locator nipples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might have some that I am not using. I’ll check when I am home.

I didn’t care for them and wanted a more secure connection. My work-around was to get some nylon machine screws and bolts from the hardware store. I use them in place of the rubber locators and screw the BP to the wing.

Maybe try Vintage Double Hose’s website. His wings are compatible with the DSS plates. His website never seems to work for me, but you might have better luck!

If I still have my old ones I’ll let you know.

Cheers!

I don't have any, all went to Davey Jones's locker or into the bilge of the boat. Tobin offered to send new ones, but I didn't see the point.

I bought some nylon "book screws" and used them to hold wing to plate.

They were unobtrusive, and easy to get loose when I wanted them loose for packing/travel, but stayed in place when I wanted them in place (like on a liveaboard for a week, or in Bonaire).

I don't have any, all went to Davey Jones's locker or into the bilge of the boat. Tobin offered to send new ones, but I didn't see the point.

I bought some nylon "book screws" and used them to hold wing to plate.

They were unobtrusive, and easy to get loose when I wanted them loose for packing/travel, but stayed in place when I wanted them in place (like on a liveaboard for a week, or in Bonaire).
Like these?

DGX Assembly Screws, Plastic, Set of TWO | Dive Gear Express®

yea, except they were white and I think I got them at Home Depot.

ETA:

Tobin warned against "permanently" attaching the wing to BP because of the danger of pinch-flats. That's a whole 'nother discussion, but just so you know.

I leave ours attached for the duration of trips, and remove them for travel and cleaning/storage. We just be careful while they're attached.

yea, except they were white and I think I got them at Home Depot.

ETA:

Tobin warned against "permanently" attaching the wing to BP because of the danger of pinch-flats. That's a whole 'nother discussion, but just so you know.

I leave ours attached for the duration of trips, and remove them for travel and cleaning/storage. We just be careful while they're attached.
Yeah I saw his post on that. the attachments aren't required but my daughter gets frustrated with everything flapping around while getting everything on the tank and lined. All was good until the last few dives were the bottom guide tore

Reactions: gbf

Very good point. When I used to use the DSS plate with a DSS singles wing I always removed the wing and put it in my large top-zipper Stahlsac bag to avoid this. I still do that with my wings today although I use an STA. I’ve seen people tossing their plates with attached wings around like it’s a duffle bag or something. If you do decide to keep them attached as one unit just be careful in how you handle it. One wrong toss onto a hard surface can result in a pinch flat puncture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom