deepblu cosmiq+ date issues in logs_help please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michael Friesen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

been trying to troubleshoot the issue with my cosmiq+.
In watch mode the date is correct and I have no issue. (see first picture below)

But when I go into logs dates don't make sense. I did two dives :

the first dive was on the 23rd of June (the one identified as the 6th of July 2015)
(here is the link to the deepblu upload where the year is shown)
https://www.deepblu.com/post/79595ac0b97611eaa979e957a2d6b27f

and the second dive is on the 27th of June (identified as the 10th of July 2015)
https://www.deepblu.com/post/ce587fc0b97511eaa979e957a2d6b27f

I can't seem to change the date on the deepblu website... so it's annoying.

tried to contact deepblu... they didn't seem to care and were pushing their trade-in program. This feels like I just need a hard reset of the computer, or a reupload of the firmware... anyone knows how to do that? any other ideas?

thank you!

Well deepblu is not being very helpful, here is my recent email chain:...

Dear Mr. Friesen,

Thank you for your reply. After checking the serial number of your Cosmiq+, our records indicate that this unit has surpassed the two-year warranty coverage and unfortunately does not qualify for a free replacement. If you feel there is an error with the date, please provide us with your proof of purchase of the product for reference so we can look into this.

We offer our customers a ‘Deepblu Trade-in Program’ which allows you to get a brand new unit at USD129/unit to replace your old device.

If you’d like to make use of the Trade-in Program, please proceed with your payment using the details below and keep us informed via email.

After your payment has been received, we will arrange shipping for your replacement unit within 5 working days.

Kindly keep us informed whether you wish to pursue your case before [Date], if not we will close your case.

• PayPal Account : paypal@deepblu.com

• Bank Details :

• Beneficiary’s Account Name : DEEPBLU INC.

• Beneficiary’s Account No. : 065087030991

• Bank Name : CATHAY UNITED BANK, TAIPEI, TAIWAN

• Bank Address : 1F., NO. 7, SONGREN ROAD, TAIPEI CITY,11073, TAIWAN, R.O.C.

• SWIFT CODE:UWCBTWTP
Best regards,

Deepblu Support Team

deepblu_logo01-2.png

support@deepblu.com | +886 2 2758 5817

Official Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 5:45 AM Michael Friesen <mfriesenm@gmail.com> wrote:
So you are not even going to try to help me to troubleshoot it? it feels like a hard reset or a reupload of the software would work fine to fix the issue (which i do know your system allows to update the software over deepblu website)...

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 5:54 PM Michael Friesen <mfriesenm@gmail.com> wrote:
also, even if I would do the trade, that wont fix the problem on the deepblu website where i can't change the dates of the two dives I have done on this cosmiq.

Date: Fri., Jul. 3, 2020, 01:51
Subject: Re: [Deepblu] RMA20063003
To: Michael Friesen <mfriesenm@gmail.com>

Dear,

Resetting to factory settings and/or reuploading the software would be way less time and cost effective than opting for the trade in.
Dates unfortunately cannot be changed once uploaded.

Best regards,

Deepblu Support Team

deepblu_logo01-2.png

support@deepblu.com | +886 2 2758 5817

Official Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

I had an issue where dive logs would appear out-of-order within the Android app. The dates were right, but they would display in random order in the dive log. Sent an email to customer service, received an acknowledgement of the issue and a promise to fix it soon. Never heard from them again, and it's still broken a year later. Pretty sucky support, to be honest. I ended up switching from using their proprietary dive log software to the open-source Subsurface software, which is much more flexible and, like Diving Log, allows editing logs. It is possible to import to Subsurface from the Cosmiq itself or from DeepBlu's cloud service.

Eventually I switched to a Shearwater.

My duaghter's date flipped back 5 years to 2015 on our recent trip. Subsurface lets you download the dives and change the dates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom