Sacramento area divers/diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm putting this out there to see if there's anyone in the area who would be interested in some lake dives. It's been too long since I've been in the water, I don't think I've gone more than a month in the last three years and now I'm up to 90 days! =(

I'm also interested in any information on 'good' local places to go for a dive. I know lakes aren't going to be amazing I just want to get in the water again!

Check out Divebuddy.com the have an interactive map called scuba earth with thousands of dive sites with comments posted by members. I believe most lakes in northern California are listed on this map.
its also a good place to find someone to dive with, just post when and where you want to dive on there Buddy Wanted forum and you usually get replies.

I am in Pioneer S/E of Sacramento I have dove Folsom Lake and multiple times in Tahoe
I also try and do day trips to Montertey once a month.

I got certified in Folsom. The viz isn't all that great. I was at Browns Ravine. Don't know if any of the other sites would be better, although I have seen some good viz videos on YouTube.

Hey Yeason,
I recently got my OW certification and am looking for buddies in the NorCal region. Because of COVID, I am floating between Sacramento and Monterey. Once COVID is over, I'll be back in Sac full time. Let me know if you'd like to dive together sometime! Never been lake diving but it sounds fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom