Aloha from California! Looking for local divers in Oahu and Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lasbaegas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey fellow scubaboarders! I’m more of a lurker here but wanted to reach out and say hello. My name is mike and I’m an advanced certified diver w/ nitrox with about 220 dives. Also abt two years ago I took up underwater videography.
I live in California and typically I try to dive for about a month in the fall time but 2020 is definitely a twilight zone of a year. With the covid numbers spiking it looks like there’s no end in sight to the international travel restrictions for us passport holders.
I’m considering heading to Hawaii (mostly in Oahu, possibly hop on a short flight to Kauai for a bit as well) for 4-6 wks or so and was hoping to link with and befriend some local divers and photogs to work on my film skills and get the insider scoop. I would love to avoid the normal tourist routes, but I know you can’t always get everything you wish for. Would appreciate any introductions to some good local likeminded people or anyone kind enough to point me in the direction of a small operator that could cater to a videographer/photog.
Thanks so much!
Mike

Don’t really understand how anyone at this time and manage to get a test and results back within 48 hours so that they can get on a plane and have the results be valid within the 72 hour window of arrival......

There are private labs and urgent care hospitals that have serology tests that can give almost immediate results

And the pendulum swings: The state will delay by at least a month the planned Aug. 1 reopening of Hawaii’s tourism industry with a traveler pre-testing program, Gov. David Ige has announced.

Back
Top Bottom