Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The filtration system in planes may be very good but passengers are not exhaling directly into the filter. Their exhalations will mingle in the cabin air and you could breathe them before they get to the filter.
I would hazard a guess that data showing how many people have been infected with COVID-19 on planes is hard to impossible to come by.

I would hazard a guess that data showing how many people have been infected with COVID-19 on planes is hard to impossible to come by.

I'd say it's hard to pinpoint any place as the definitive source for an infection. All you can do is contact trace the recent activities of those that get infected. So if you're positive, you took a flight, a ferry, ate at a few restaurants, went to the grocery in the last week, and talked with these people, it's likely one of those. If you have ten positives whose traces overlap - i.e. they were all on flight #123 - then maybe you can focus on the plane.

Back on topic

Will Cozumel go back to RED?

I don’t think we are moving back to red today , but mayor is giving a Facebook speech tonight I believe. I am hoping he rolls back curfew to 9 just as a signal that things are moving the wrong way and he is serious that we could go to red. He is trying to walk the tightrope of reopening to limited tourism without locals taking it as a sign. things can go back to normal. Mexicans are clearly not alone in being deaf to the “new” in “new normal “ (my home state of Texas has the same hearing problem.)

Hospitalizations went down to 49 percent today from 60 percent yesterday so at least that moved the right way for a bit. While I am sure tourists who ignore mask rules are a problem , bigger issue is likely locals spreading it amongst themselves. I know a few locals who got it this week. All were from one outbreak thankfully (if they had gotten it independently we would definitely be in red since that would have indicated a giant problem ). None of them were hospitalized thankfully While I hate tourists who don’t wear masks, it is not like the virus went away when there were almost no tourists in the state for 75 days

Yes, that is my understanding. So we'd better hope those hepa filters are really good at filtering out itsy-bitty virus particles, especially from the guy in the seat next to me.

Yeah, I don't think so. Check your sources.
You must be thinking of the DC3.....:)

Could be totally subjective but I’ve seen a lot more police activity the past couple days. Especially on Melgar. Lots of patrols.

The past few days they had the checkpoint heading north almost nonexistent. Someone was manning the shack but not checking cars. Even had the speed bump (a big rope stretched across the street) taken away and the detour removed. Today the speed bump was back but not checking cars.

Saw fewer people wearing masks along Melgar thought the vast majority still were. Mix of locals and tourists.

Divers, guess what! Even if you are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms, the virus is still doing its thing in your body, turning you into a nondiver for the rest of your life. This is an easy watch and easy to understand and it's short;

Wear your fricken mask. Practice social distancing, heck, don't hang out with those who won't:

Divers, guess what! Even if you are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms, the virus is still doing its thing in your body, turning you into a nondiver for the rest of your life.
What in the video led you to this conclusion? Lung involvement in the asymptomatic patient was mentioned, but there was no discussion of the likelihood of long-term disability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom