Nude diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a lot of stingy things in ocean. Even if i dive with my 3 mm shorty there are are various marks on hands and legs. Also, if you do wreck diving with swim throughs there is a very big risk of injury if you are not properly protected. So, no nude diving from my side :)

This time of year in south Florida, it is absolutely common for me to dive with just a pair of board shorts on. I know what to avoid touching. It's not a problem for me.

As for actual nude diving, my x-wife & I did a bit of that in Hawaii. We did shore entry dives from a nude beach. It was fun. We had no problems. Somewhere I have pictures. One shot of her diving naked next to a sea turtle swimming along is pretty cool to look at. She & I were both fit at the time. I'm glad that we did it when we had the opportunity.

If the water is warm and you want to be free from the shackles we call clothes, then:

Minimum exposure protection.

Beyond wild Caribbean dive shop stories (100th dive naked, and other unmentionable shenanigans) is this more common than one would expect?

Ask him -> divelogs - Online Dive Logs
(divelogs.de is a great site, btw)

I pretty much only dive New England so no way would I go nude with our water temps.

Then there is just a couple weeks ago my regular dive buddy got stung by a jelly fish neither of us ever saw.

Then you have the don't want to be a registered sex offender because of a public nudity conviction.

At the time of my 100th dive I hadn't heard of 100 is nude, plus if I recall it was in Gloucester (northern) MA in the middle of winter.

As for shrinkage I'm surprised no one has mentioned the effects of cold on the female figure, they might get charged with weapons violations.

Gotta admit that when I clicked on the link, I was looking for a reference to Wayne and Lorena Bobbit!
Well it did get its nickname from the well-known penectomy(?) penisectomy(?) sp? performed by Lorena on Wayne...

Anyone here into nude cave diving?

Way back in the day...

Buddy and I did a late-night dive at Little River. About 0200 we were doing our decompression stop at 10', lights off. Holy Crap!! Big splashes right on top of us. We turned the lights on and exposed a young man and lady who were swimming au naturel, not the cave gremlins we expected to be attacking us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom