Hi from Pittsburgh!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. I grew up in East McKeesport.
Hi! I'm familar with the area. I've got friends from Wilmerding and North Versailles. My kids went to school in Turtle Creek for a while.

Given the way the Pirates are playing I can't argue with that.
Go Steelers is more like it, welcome to the pool, I suggest a gopro, a green water filter, and a tray and lights for video/photography. invest in a good semi-dry or drysuit and the diving is great year round in the northeast. yup I am from New England, Loathe the Patriots

I'm in Canonsburg and have been diving and teaching in the pool for the last couple of weeks. I also dive at Crusty's and have taught two classes there this season so far.

Hi! I grew up in Indiana Township and only managed to escape orbit after graduating from Pitt.

Go Steelers is more like it, welcome to the pool, I suggest a gopr, a green water filter, and a tray and lights for video/photography. invest in a good semi-dry or drysuit and the diving is great year round in the northeast. yup I am from New England, Loathe the partriots
Go Steelers! And of course the Patriots suck.

I did get a gopro. My wife wants to use it for her purposes too so it was worthy the purchase. I also got my hands on a used sealife micro 2.0 which looks like it will take some good pics and video. At some point I'll move past that but let's start with the entry level and work our way up.

I'm liking the idea of Crusty's. I've never dived a wetsuit before. I kind of want to try it out with an expert. I'm sure I'm overthinking it.

Welcome, John,
Did you know there is/was? a US Airforce bomber that went down in the Mon? Maybe someday you might find it and dive it.
Regards from the Left Coast.

Hi! I'm familar with the area. I've got friends from Wilmerding and North Versailles. My kids went to school in Turtle Creek for a while.

Ah the memories those name bring.

Go Steelers is more like it,

Don't forget the Penguins.

Go Steelers! And of course the Patriots suck.

Not only suck - they have to cheat to win.

My gopro has become my dive log. I tried to remember to write in my log book my dives and who I went with and what I saw. Then I realized I wasn't doing it right after the dive, found I couldn't remember details enough to fill in the log book. The videos don't show me depth but they give me a good idea of how many dives I've got, and anything cool I saw. I have at least 100 videos. And I've not taken the camera on every dive

Welcome, John,
Did you know there is/was? a US Airforce bomber that went down in the Mon? Maybe someday you might find it and dive it.
Regards from the Left Coast.

That sounds cool! (Other than the mon being pretty dirty, I've heard rumors of the glass manufacturer's dumping in the river in the past)

Don't forget the Penguins.
Go Pens!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom