how many pairs of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Four pairs of various Mares fins, had to upgrade to a size bigger at one point to accommodate rock boots and drysuit. Two pairs are with spring straps, and the other two are much older with plastic / rubber straps.

However I've been using Hollis F2s now for the past three years and they are perfect for me and the diving I do.

2 jets. Black and pink. Xl. 3 open heel quattros. Black. And 2 pairs of red, one for drysuit, 1 for wetsuit. And 2 pairs of full foot fins. 1 with long blades and 1 shorties for the pool. Gave away some short lived early 2000’s splits and a pair of blue blade fins, I didn’t like blue anymore. I want shiny chrome fins with led colour changing lights.

I have no idea, lots, old fins, foot fins, rockets fins, Plana fins.....
The Mares Plana Avanti L and XL for the dry suit boots are my go to fins with another pair in full foot style for warm water snorkeling.

Too many—and too many masks!

Three pair:
Forcefin Hockey
Forcefin Pros
Oceanic full foot (old)

3 pair of blue Mares Plana Avanti Quattros - people keep giving these to me and I have been using Plana Avanti fins of one type or another since 1984!
1 pair of Scubapro Twin Jet Gorillas - my go to fins
1 pair of Cressi Free Frog full foot fins for snorkeling and tropical diving if I don't feel like wearing a boot
probably a few other pairs of fins lost in the house and/or the garage somewhere!

I call this the wall of fins. There are 10 pair here and two more in gear bags as well as a pair of Churchills for body surfing.
I usually use Zeagle Recons at work, Atomic smoke split fins for recreation dives and rotate a few of the others in every once in a while. Prior to moving to Hawaii I almost always used Mares Power plana black graphite fins from the 1980's and I still do sometimes; they are very light and powerful.

wall%20of%20fins-XL.jpg

2 pairs.
Seawing novas for local wetsuit diving and warm water travel.
Jet fins for dry suit diving.

Two. I periodically try to sell one pair (Apeks RK3), as I haven’t used them since I bought my Deep 6 Eddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom