Closed DIVENAV - COOTWO

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cert1967

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I think this is a DIVENAV COOTWO, maybe?

Never used it -

Make me an offer and its yours

dive nav guage.JPG

I am interested in a combo analyzer and have recently read through many of the old posts and thought I remembered your unique avatar.

Unfortunately, here is what I found in your response to "Any feedback from a Cootwo user?"

Me - my C2 is for sale - shoot me a PM if you want it.

I’ll make you a great deal.

Do I regret my C2 purchase decision - YES.

Here is a direct link to your very negative post of this item from 3 years ago.(Nitrox Analyzers)

As I am someone who purchases used items from other Scubaboard members, I think I would prefer a higher level of honesty and disclosure than you describing this item in this new For Sale post like you don't even know what it is.

i thought there was no support for the cootwo any more ?

i thought there was no support for the cootwo any more ?
No vendor support but everything you need to do from sensor replacement and calibration can all be done by the end user with the right sources and calibration bump gas.

@Larryjd1

Ok Boomer, let us take a peak ...

First

Hold your horses, Larry - pull them reins in and don't be mean. Calling other folks names isn't nice and does not reflect well upon yourself.

With your horses firmly reined in ....

You are questioning my honesty? A little over-the-top, I think.

Guess you went from "ScubaBoard Supporter" to the SCUBABOARD FEDERAL UNDERWATER POLICE and EXECUTIONER, hey?

Maybe you could have PMed me, asking for a little more info? Ah, too much trouble - drop the hammer and call the SOB a bald-faced liar. Maybe throw in a taut, "liar, liar, pants on fire"?

Let's see, my OLD post said I regretted the purchase and would sell it for a great deal.
Unfortunately, I had no takers. Three years have passed and I long since forgot my post.

I might have regretted my DN purchase for many reasons not related to product satisfaction. Unfortunately, the product didn't meet my expectations in all too many ways and I was dissatisfied.

Let me help you with the syntax - I'll make it simple for you

I made it clear that I regretted my DN purchase. I was communicating my dissatisfaction, but not specifying why I held that opinion.

Most folks who regret making a purchase have an element of dissatisfaction that is contributory. Most consumers would not make a repeat purchase in this situation. And that is why a buyer would have received a great deal.

Many a buyer has regret, despite buying a highly rated product. Its an opinion as to the purchase decison, not the quality of the product.

Some folks would say, "One Man's Blight is Another's Delight". Who am I to say that no one should like the DN product? A quick search of SB would reveal a number of satisfied DN customers.

As a verb, blight - to have a severely detrimental effect on.

Maybe the words I used were too big for you?

Regrett - to feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity

Dissatisfaction - discontent, displeasure, implies a sense of dislike for, or unhappiness. Dissatisfaction results from contemplating what falls short of one's wishes or expectations: dissatisfaction with a purchase.

and

Full disclosure - fully disclose evidence of proven factual information gathered and presented to an individual or group.

Full disclosure? All a SB reader need do is read the information about DN products and customer service, from available SB and other sources, forming their own opinion of DN products.

Would you rather that I listed the item saying, "I bought this POS, hate it, and for the cost of shipping, it is yours"? Seems a little harsh to me and likely insulting those of were happy with their DN purchase.

Worse for me, I jumped on the DN Kickstarter, for a few bucks.

The company, DivNav, is now defunct? Well, my bet is that other buyers of DN's products felt some level of regret and dissatisfaction with their purchases. No doubt you are aware of DN's demise?

http://www.divenav.com/suspended.php
"Hi, Thank you for contacting DiveNav. Please note that DiveNav has been closed."
The level of DN's customer service was poor - IMO - and no secret to a SB reader that others had similar feelings.

Little to see behind this curtain, the company closed up shop. I doubt that DN was making so much money that they closed to spite themselves. Perhaps DN was dissatisfied with their sales/profits, regretted their decision to launch their dive products, were disappointed with their customer's feedback, and were unhappy with their DN capital allocation?

The item is on sale for the best offer, but not for sale to you.

What's my best price?

I would like a couple of hundies, but that would seem to be a stretch.

What is my minimum price?

The buyer pays for shipping - might be of use to someone?

Failing to receive my minimum price, it goes in the trash. Probably not, I'll bet it has to go to electronic item disposal - where I need to pay the county by the pound.

Larry, has this long-winded reply help clarify my opinion of DN's product?

You could have asked for clarification of my regretting the purchase - stopping well short of calling me a liar - but you decided to be a meanie, calling me dishonest and lacking in full disclosure.

Reflect for a moment that you could have had the unit for the price of shipping - bet you regret that, don't you?

Ok, Boomer, aka Larry, be happy - live and let dive/sell - don't be mean.

Me - my C2 is for sale - shoot me a PM if you want it. I’ll make you a great deal. Do I regret my C2 purchase decision - YES.

I am interested in a combo analyzer and have recently read through many of the old posts and thought I remembered your unique avatar. Unfortunately, here is what I found in your response to "Any feedback from a Cootwo user?" Here is a direct link to your very negative post of this item from 3 years ago.(Nitrox Analyzers) As I am someone who purchases used items from other Scubaboard members, I think I would prefer a higher level of honesty and disclosure than you describing this item in this new For Sale post like you don't even know what it is.

And, hold on

Someone doesn't think my pants are on fire

Sold, pending payment, to the first bidder for $20

Time and gas to the post office, there goes the $20

And off to a new home goes the green and yellow dive nav machine

@Larryjd1

Ok Boomer, let us take a peak ...

First

Hold your horses, Larry - pull them reins in and don't be mean. Calling other folks names isn't nice and does not reflect well upon yourself.

With your horses firmly reined in ....

You are questioning my honesty? A little over-the-top, I think.

Guess you went from "ScubaBoard Supporter" to the SCUBABOARD FEDERAL UNDERWATER POLICE and EXECUTIONER, hey?

Maybe you could have PMed me, asking for a little more info? Ah, too much trouble - drop the hammer and call the SOB a bald-faced liar. Maybe throw in a taut, "liar, liar, pants on fire"?

Let's see, my OLD post said I regretted the purchase and would sell it for a great deal.
Unfortunately, I had no takers. Three years have passed and I long since forgot my post.

I might have regretted my DN purchase for many reasons not related to product satisfaction. Unfortunately, the product didn't meet my expectations in all too many ways and I was dissatisfied.

Let me help you with the syntax - I'll make it simple for you

I made it clear that I regretted my DN purchase. I was communicating my dissatisfaction, but not specifying why I held that opinion.

Most folks who regret making a purchase have an element of dissatisfaction that is contributory. Most consumers would not make a repeat purchase in this situation. And that is why a buyer would have received a great deal.

Many a buyer has regret, despite buying a highly rated product. Its an opinion as to the purchase decison, not the quality of the product.

Some folks would say, "One Man's Blight is Another's Delight". Who am I to say that no one should like the DN product? A quick search of SB would reveal a number of satisfied DN customers.

As a verb, blight - to have a severely detrimental effect on.

Maybe the words I used were too big for you?

Regrett - to feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity

Dissatisfaction - discontent, displeasure, implies a sense of dislike for, or unhappiness. Dissatisfaction results from contemplating what falls short of one's wishes or expectations: dissatisfaction with a purchase.

and

Full disclosure - fully disclose evidence of proven factual information gathered and presented to an individual or group.

Full disclosure? All a SB reader need do is read the information about DN products and customer service, from available SB and other sources, forming their own opinion of DN products.

Would you rather that I listed the item saying, "I bought this POS, hate it, and for the cost of shipping, it is yours"? Seems a little harsh to me and likely insulting those of were happy with their DN purchase.

Worse for me, I jumped on the DN Kickstarter, for a few bucks.

The company, DivNav, is now defunct? Well, my bet is that other buyers of DN's products felt some level of regret and dissatisfaction with their purchases. No doubt you are aware of DN's demise?

http://www.divenav.com/suspended.php
"Hi, Thank you for contacting DiveNav. Please note that DiveNav has been closed."
The level of DN's customer service was poor - IMO - and no secret to a SB reader that others had similar feelings.

Little to see behind this curtain, the company closed up shop. I doubt that DN was making so much money that they closed to spite themselves. Perhaps DN was dissatisfied with their sales/profits, regretted their decision to launch their dive products, were disappointed with their customer's feedback, and were unhappy with their DN capital allocation?

The item is on sale for the best offer, but not for sale to you.

What's my best price?

I would like a couple of hundies, but that would seem to be a stretch.

What is my minimum price?

The buyer pays for shipping - might be of use to someone?

Failing to receive my minimum price, it goes in the trash. Probably not, I'll bet it has to go to electronic item disposal - where I need to pay the county by the pound.

Larry, has this long-winded reply help clarify my opinion of DN's product?

You could have asked for clarification of my regretting the purchase - stopping well short of calling me a liar - but you decided to be a meanie, calling me dishonest and lacking in full disclosure.

Reflect for a moment that you could have had the unit for the price of shipping - bet you regret that, don't you?

Ok, Boomer, aka Larry, be happy - live and let dive/sell - don't be mean.

@Cert1967 Wow, if only you would have put as much thought and effort (and some of those big words I don't understand) into your original post. It's not my responsibility to be your editor for consistency and accuracy between YOUR OWN posts. :clapping:.

And, unlike your first line " I think this is a DIVENAV COOTWO, maybe?" - it's very apparent from your response you know exactly what it is. The additional info you provided shows you also knew a whole lot more about it. So I stand behind my comment that "I would prefer a higher level of honesty and disclosure than you describing this item in this new For Sale post like you don't even know what it is."

You could have forgot about your post from 3 years ago - but you knew EXACTLY what the item was and no matter how much you write and try and slam me you can't change that fact. As we all see these days, everyone has to be responsible for what we say and do - just like you do now.

The shame of it is, if you had written what you did in the rebuttal as the original post I might have been interested. As I said, I'm looking for a combo O2 / CO unit and just read through all of the old posts on the COOTWO and knew about it's current status and what you among others said about and that it may be serviceable still. I've also looked at the DiY efforts and may be leaning towards that as a solution.

But in reading your rebuttal, for you to say "I would like a couple of hundies" in my opinion is ridiculous and anyone even considering purchasing this should read both the existing Analyzer and DIY threads before you do for other options.

Lastly @Cert1967, if you are going to be giving english language instruction in your posts, "hundies" may be in the urban dictionary, but it's not a real word.

The shame of it is, if you had written what you did in the rebuttal as the original post I might have been interested.

All you had to do was ask, but ...

And to think, for a "dub-sawbuck" the green mean machine could have been yours, maybe for only a "fin".

As to Hundies
Five "dub-sawbucks" = a "hundie", which are always nice to find between the "simoleons", and with hard work can add up to a "brick"​

Ralph Waldo, Thoreau's buddy, and transcendentalist would never have approved of such language, but a "brick" in the bank is very "gucci".

Not interested in your business.

Don't call other folks names, it's not nice, pass on by what you don't like

and

Don't be a meanie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom