St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water is 47F today at Brockville. The level is half way up the roller gate on the steps at Centeen Park. Viz 30 ft.

Heading back up this weekend. Buoy seems to be showing 52F? Will report conditions after this weekend.

Had 53* F at the Bonnie Castle launch Sunday 6/2/2019/. Water is still coming up so the road at the Connie will more than likely be closed again, however I am not over there to confirm it, We have surpassed the high water mark set in 2017.

Prescott last Thursday was 14C or 57F. Viz was not too bad either (well until someone mucked it all up...)

How is the temperature in the St Lawrence River these days? I’m seeing 65F in Ogdensburg NY on NOAA website. But it seems that the Alexandria Bay data buoy doesn’t give temperatures any more.

I was there last weekend with my dive club, the water temperature was around 63 degrees, and viz was 30 to 40 feet. Members wore 7mm wetsuits, I wore a drysuit. We will return in August, upon return the club members will be wearing a 5mm, another member is contemplating wearing a 3mm.

We dove with dive operation All About Scuba.
allaboutscuba.jpg

Anyone has a temperature update?
I should be doing dive #1 of the season in the river Friday!

Back
Top Bottom