Finished my Mistral rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldBubbles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Not that it is an earth-shattering thing, but I'm really happy about my DW Mistral rebuild and had to show it off.
I bought this regulator at a cheap price and the original hoses were a dingy yellow but in decent shape. Everything was all original and it appeared that the clips had not been removed before (although they could have been removed carefully).
Inside, everything was super clean and the duckbill was still intact.
I replaced most everything anyway and added a duckbill eliminator.
Removing the remains of the old duckbill was a real b#&!$@ and had to soak and scrape for quite a while. It made me appreciate the cleanness and easy of installing a DBL.

Now she's ready for a dip in the pool first and a salty dip in the near future.
This is a W. Pico Mistral which I believe should have yellow hoses and yellow straight mouthpiece from what I've read but since this one came with yellow hoses/black mouthpiece, I went with that color scheme with the replacements. I think the yellow/black looks better anyway.
So, here she is! Now it's time to find my next rebuild.

Attachments

• 20200721_184604.jpg
    20200721_184604.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 136
Looks beautiful! I love mine.

Nice reg, they are a bit harder breathing above 2500 and they often whine at pressures above 2k. The easiest way to remove old duckbills is to soak them overnight in denatured alcohol. The gooey ones just melt away and the hard ones become soft and rub off easily.

Congratulations on successfully rebuilding your Mistral!
May you have many adventures with it!

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get her wet.
I soaked the old duckbill overnight in alcohol but for whatever reason, I still had to spend nearly an hour scraping with a wood tounge depresser.
I'm currently looking for a nice vintage steel LP tank to use with this reg. I need to have at least one anyway. I got several AL 80s but I need a good steel tank or two to play with vintage gear.
I got plenty of modern single hoses to hook up to the AL tanks so now it's time to go deep into the vintage world!

Back
Top Bottom