What do you do about friction blisters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It should be noted that I dive with booties and strapped fins, not full foot, as do most of the liveaboard divers that I can recall. Lycra socks are a huge game changer in that environment but if one is using full foot fins, how would lycra socks work for shore dives? Not ideal, I wouldn't think.

how would lycra socks work for shore dives?
I wear crocs into the water and have a bungee on a double ender to tow them through the dive. Yeah, it screws a tad with my buoyancy, but not too much.

I wear crocs into the water and have a bungee on a double ender to tow them through the dive. Yeah, it screws a tad with my buoyancy, but not too much.
Hey miss you. Thanks for your support. what's a good way to talk, my # 805-966-9628

Regardless of which full-foot fins I wear, if I dive for more than a couple of hours, I get blisters on the tops of the same two toes. I know that I can go to booties and different fins, but (other than socks) what can I do to prevent blisters with the full-foot fins?

I was thinking that something along the lines of finger cots might be an option. Has anybody tried that?

Other options?

PBcatfish,

I don't recommend tape, anything other than correct bandage adhesive may have solvents that will likely make a bad situation worse. believe me, I know bandage adhesives.

Try the bandage adhesive rings that I have shown in the attachment, a ''Dr Scholls'' product.

You may also want to try ''five finger'' socks, available through ''Vibram''.

Best of luck, take care of you feet

Rose.

DSCF1275.JPG

... believe me, I know bandage adhesives....

I'm pretty familiar with the adhesives that are used in most adhesive tapes, but I am not so familiar with bandage adhesives. If you don't mind, could you please fill me in a little?

Again, thank you to everyone who replied. This is the kind of feedback I was looking for.

It should be noted that I dive with booties and strapped fins, not full foot, as do most of the liveaboard divers that I can recall. Lycra socks are a huge game changer in that environment but if one is using full foot fins, how would lycra socks work for shore dives? Not ideal, I wouldn't think.

Honestly, why would anyone shore dive without booties? It sounds like an accident waiting to happen at worst and uncomfortable at best. Even a lycra sock would be better than bare feet if shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom