Today at Disney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive time 41-44 minutes. PO2 air. Max depth 23-25 ft. Water temp 78.8 degrees. Visibility 200’. Suit 3 mm shorty with 3 mm booties. No glove or hood. Weighting about 5-10 pounds over neutral.

There was no problem or questions about dive computers during our dive. I forgot mine (so pissed) but my friend had his. They give you the stats of the dive at the end for recording in your dive log.

They do time limit you, but you can use as much air as needed. So if you run through air fast, you can always go up, get a new tank, and go back in. I will say that the time doesn't sound like much, but the whole experience was worth it. And I didn't feel like the time underwater was wasted. The 'slowest' part was following the divemaster around the tank just to get a short tour of what there is to see before releasing us on our own.

About a year ago, my wife asked me if I wanted to take our then 4 year old to Disney. I half joked that I would go only if I got to dive Disney. Obviously my game was weak, and she called me on my request. Fast forward to today...
My wife can’t equalize, so she has never seen me dive. Our 5 year old is 100% in line to be a diver as soon as he is old enough.
Yes, it’s diving in an aquarium. Yes, it’s $170.
Also, yes, I had my first encounter with a manta ray before the dive kicked off. Yes, I got run into by a large loggerhead, while I was still on the dive platform.
The Divequest crew was chilled, polite, well rehearsed, and totally professional.
If you get the opportunity to make this dive, do it.
Loved it!
I've done that dive twice, and loved it, would definitely do it again!

At the time I said once was enough unless we were with friends who wanted to do it or something. Now that it's been a long time, I'd do it again too.

Can you bring your dive computer and your own fins?
Maybe. Besides your mask and swimsuit its all their gear. I wore my wrist computer without issue. No worries about bottom time but it logged the dive for me.I dont know if they're up and running yet. Well be doing it again in November if they are.

Aside from mask and wristwatch/wrist worn dive computer everything else is from Disney, even if you own your own equipment. The booties might be a bit stretched out so you might want to go down a half size. The shorty will definitely be shrunk (they wash them after every use) so definitely go up one size. Your Disney BC will be preweighted and overweighted, and your Disney fins will either be Scubapro Novas or Twinjets, depending on foot size and availability. It’s all Scubapro gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom