Bauer P0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapeter

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Bauer Capitano compressor with a P0 primary filter. Today when swapping out the filter element, I noticed some oily/watery condensation on the interior of the filter stack. I left the top off of the filter until I get some advise on how concerned should I be, and the correct action to take. Thanks in advance.
Pete

make sure your PMV is set properly and that your water separators are draining at the right intervals. If they are, then it may have gone too long without a filter change.

Hello. I am a factory certified bauer technician. There will always be a small amount of condensate in the housing. The air flows from the bottom to the top of the filter. Just make sure u open ur drains no less that every 10 min. And do your air testing. Should be testing ur air quality at least 2 times a year.

Hello. I am a factory certified bauer technician. There will always be a small amount of condensate in the housing. The air flows from the bottom to the top of the filter. Just make sure u open ur drains no less that every 10 min. And do your air testing. Should be testing ur air quality at least 2 times a year.

Not exactly right.
The intake is at the bottom of the housing, the filtered air output is at the bottom of the housing in the middle, o- ring sealed so the air has to flow through the filter. The housing will always be wet and oily as will the outside of the filter cartridge since they are exposed to unfiltered air. What flows through the filter cartridge to the PMV should be clean, oil free and dry.
Running times on a Capitano, with air humidity less than 60%, should be less than 10hrs before the cartridge has reached it's max weight and is used up. Longer in winter with cold dry air, shorter in a midday Florida summer situation.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom