Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes this what I also thought - on the Wonderpus / DOCK one they mention that this is "to be disposed of responsibly" or similar, but if what they're using is DETTOL or similar, it is contrary to Green Fins accreditation requirements last I heard, and DOCK operators are getting involved with Green Fins ( see here DOCK Komodo ) so not quite sure what to make of it...
Complicated times...
As acidrush mentioned some things do not make sense at all. I saw them spraying deserted staming hot asphalt roads in the afternoon. It was worse when they sprayed people walking by too. But it has to do with showing you take care and the local regulations as well. I wonder if tourism will come back as long we need all those extra regulations and restrictions. Yesterday largest increase in new infections worldwide.

You're finally on point Indah. Yes, I do believe that isolation when returning home will be a major factor in deterring divers from travelling to Indonesia. It will probably even deter me to be honest

In regards to your question, yes I believe the government will allow. But certainly not in this point in time.
At the moment, the Australian government is doubling down on it's "suppression" strategy in covid fight, & using words to the effect of "impossible to eliminate", "covid will always be around". The quicker Australians realise this, the quicker we can move on
I think this might interest you (and others here), https://www.smh.com.au/national/wes...2-p55eiv.html?js-chunk-not-found-refresh=true

Thanks for sharing this. Apparently Australian embassies in Indonesia and Thailand will be giving out letters to citizens who want to apply for a pandemic-related visa extensions.
Great for the ones who need it. But what is the logic behind it?

Great for the ones who need it. But what is the logic behind it?
Hard to tell, but what I understood they're trying to avoid saturating the quarantine system / repatriation quotas.
I couldn't find news sources for Indonesia, but it was mentioned on Covid info/support groups for people looking to apply for an extension after the recent changes in policy.

In Thailand the embassy officially reversed its position (most other embassies have made it clear that they will not be providing such letters of application for a special extension of stay)
See:
In reversal, Australian embassy will provide visa extension letters | The Thaiger

Australian Embassy in Thailand to Provide Letters for Visa Extensions

Phuket News: Australian embassy to provide letters to assist visa extensions

This is an example how a countries (can) deal with foreign tourism. Both Spain and Brittain probably have the best intentions and are very well informed. Spain insists it is safe amid new virus outbreaks

This is an example how a countries (can) deal with foreign tourism. Both Spain and Brittain probably have the best intentions and are very well informed. Spain insists it is safe amid new virus outbreaks
My son did arrive from Spain to Italy this morning, and he is self-quarantining himself for 14 days. He was in Barcelona for work for 3 weeks, and he had to go around the "red areas"in Catalunya, risking to remain trapped in them as they were enlarged.
He is scheduled for sierologic tests tomorrow morning, and if positive he well get the PCR test.
I think that traveling here in Europe is currently possible, but a 14-days quaranteen is advisable whatever the country visited.
Still using an aircraft is questionable, as youngsters seem to not being following the rules of social distancing and wearing the mask.
Luckily enough we have boats connecting almost all towns in the Mediterranean sea...
Not very practical (Barcellona to Civitavecchia takes 22 hours, while the flight to Malpensa had been 50 minutes).

My son did arrive from Spain to Italy this morning, and he is self-quarantining himself for 14 days. He was in Barcelona for work for 3 weeks, and he had to go around the "red areas"in Catalunya, risking to remain trapped in them as they were enlarged.
He is scheduled for sierologic tests tomorrow morning, and if positive he well get the PCR test.
I think that traveling here in Europe is currently possible, but a 14-days quaranteen is advisable whatever the country visited.
Still using an aircraft is questionable, as youngsters seem to not being following the rules of social distancing and wearing the mask.
Luckily enough we have boats connecting almost all towns in the Mediterranean sea...
Not very practical (Barcellona to Civitavecchia takes 22 hours, while the flight to Malpensa had been 50 minutes).
Should he not wait for a week for a serological test? If he would have been infected during the last days of his stay in spain, would that show in that test? Why not immediately a PCR test? Sorry, I looked it uo but do not understand it.

The Indonesian Tourism Ministry has published a Guidebook for Safe Diving and Snorkeling in a Time of Pandemic:

Health Protocols for Indonesian Divers | Bali Discovery
Looking at how it goes in many European countries at the moment, I highly doubt if Indonesia will see foreign tourists before earliest August 2021. As long as we need Covid-19 protocols I do not expect foreign divers visiting.

Back
Top Bottom