The New Dive Rite Optima CM - My 30 Hour Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do You Teach Galvanic Sensor Failure Modes?

Are there CCR instructors out there who are not currently teaching this in their courses?

This should be taught at MOD1 level and reinforced at every level of CCR training.

I have an ignorant question for you guys diving the CM while side mounting bail out; what do you do with the long hose?

I have an ignorant question for you guys diving the CM while side mounting bail out; what do you do with the long hose?
Most people seem to be using it on top of their standard SM rig. Long hose bungeed to right cylinder, left hose necklaced. Long hose side seems split between keeping it tight to the tank vs pulling the reg 1’ ish out and mouthpiece bungeeing to the right chest D-ring.

Saw a few people diving them this week at Ginnie. One thing I wasn’t sure of is how hard is it to carry stages with a chest mount unit. It seems the drings may be covered.

What about the long hose if using back mounted doubles?

Saw a few people diving them this week at Ginnie. One thing I wasn’t sure of is how hard is it to carry stages with a chest mount unit. It seems the drings may be covered.

haven’t had a chance to dive a CM yet.

..however, I use ring bungees on my BM O2ptima. With their over the shoulder counter lungs, the upper D rings are not very accessible anyway.

I would expect the rings will work fine for sidemounting bail outs on a CM. ,

What about the long hose if using back mounted doubles?

Most of my diving is open ocean with the CM unit so I prefer the BM doubles for the dil/BO gas. The hose routing is very similar to how you would normally run your standard BM doubles. I have found it makes gas management that much easier. This coming week I am doing multiple dives in 300-400’ range and this configuration kicks ass for that.

Most of my diving is open ocean with the CM unit so I prefer the BM doubles for the dil/BO gas. The hose routing is very similar to how you would normally run your standard BM doubles. I have found it makes gas management that much easier. This coming week I am doing multiple dives in 300-400’ range and this configuration kicks ass for that.

Can you expand upon “very similar?”

84” long hose (RP)
20” hose on necklace (LP)
24-30” long hose to 2” SPG (LP)
Standard BC Inflator hose (RP)
AddEd hose to connect doubles to Dil MAV/ADV (LP)
Suit Gas - Offboard

I’m not going to get into exact hose placement as everyone does that a little different as far as necklace vs mouthpiece clip to D-ring etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom